Rowett

Rowett v Forest  

252 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I loved what Rowett did. It achieved many things

1) Took the focus off his players a little bit with his antics

2) Inspired a bit of passion in the squad and the fans. Might do us some good to have a bit of geeing up

3) Told the players that they played well and have been unlucky for a while. A chip on our shoulder can often do a world of good

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, t'oldu said:

Well it would liven up Sky Commentary.    They don't do their homework and are so boring.     Wish I could work out how to synchronise Radio Derby exciting, knowledgeable commentaries with Sky pictures........ when they bother to focus the overall game view camera/s.

I synchronise the Radio Derby commentary with Sky by using a Pure One Classic Series 2 DAB radio. This has a pause function on it, meaning it's easy to get it in synch with the TV.  There's not many of these radios around any more though.  Not sure if any other DAB radios offer this function...

This season I’ve gone from liking Rowett, to rating Rowett, to really liking Rowett, to doubting him.

After this weekend, I think I might be in love with the bloke.

I really hope the squad react to him in the same way the majority of our fans have. I want to see them run through brick walls for this guy against Cardiff. 

Loved Gary's interview on sky he was bang on, and having a dig at the red dogs was class, I love his passion, and it shows how much he loves DCFC, now let's us fans show that passion on Sunday against Cardiff, Gary is right when he said we have 9 cup finals left, let's get pp rocking like we did in the playoff game against Brighton, at least we have something to play for, unlike the Red Dogs.

So, according to the majority of contributors to this thread, Rowett evades any responsibility for us failing (again) to take 3 points from an eminently winnable fixture.

Why?  Because he is "passionate" and behaves like a fan as opposed to a manager.

Had he not been so timid in his starting 11, all 3 points were there for the taking. 

3 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

So, according to the majority of contributors to this thread, Rowett evades any responsibility for us failing (again) to take 3 points from an eminently winnable fixture.

Why?  Because he is "passionate" and behaves like a fan as opposed to a manager.

Had he not been so timid in his starting 11, all 3 points were there for the taking. 

He s one of our own Gary Rowett he’s one of our own,,,, ,,, failed to win a local derby that is always a battle ,,, show me a top top manager who hasn’t lost or had to settle for the draw in one of those type games no matter league positions or form going into them ,

he is young ,has potential ,he has a lot to prove but is not doing too bad ,, we have those on here who are not prepared to judge him in any balanced way and it’s clear that to them there is zero he could ever achieve that would be anywhere near enough to win praise and the goal posts would be changed to him not being good enough to make the next step up,this warped opinion is held so obsessively by some that they even become fans happy to see us not do well ,,slate everything we do and praise the opposition to the point it’s hard to believe they are actually derby fans or maybe are just the type you get stuck next to at a game who clearly just come to moan and abuse our own players and manager and you wonder what’s the bloody point in comming

Also on Palmer I wanted / want him starting but maybe it’s about giving him game time to nurse him to full fitness ,,, i don’t know but if it is then I would rather he came on as sub and raised us towards the end of a game rather than us fade and be more under the cosh towards the end if he starts and is taken off , maybe it’s about him being a bit too cavelier early on when we want to keep it tight and gain a foothold ,,, the one thing I do know for sure is that rowett is in a better position to make that call than me

51 minutes ago, archied said:

Also on Palmer I wanted / want him starting but maybe it’s about giving him game time to nurse him to full fitness ,,, i don’t know but if it is then I would rather he came on as sub and raised us towards the end of a game rather than us fade and be more under the cosh towards the end if he starts and is taken off , maybe it’s about him being a bit too cavelier early on when we want to keep it tight and gain a foothold ,,, the one thing I do know for sure is that rowett is in a better position to make that call than me

Absolutely, whilst us fans will always have an opinion on team selection we know NOTHING about a players fitness levels and ability to start a game, never mind 2 games in a week.

With Palmer we knew when he came in that he's had hamstring issues this season so maybe 2 starts in a week is pushing it too far at this stage. None of those criticising team selection stop to think about this for one second, they just shoot from the hip with their ill-informed drivel.

Palmer touched the ball more in 20 mins on Sunday than he did in 70 mins at QPR!

The most important thing is making the play offs and having as many of our better players, including Palmer, fully fit come play off time.

Hudds suspension might have come at just the right time for him with a 2 week break after the Cardiff game, i'd also waiver towards leaving Vydra out Sunday to help get him over this groin niggle.

Up The Rams!

Long Live King Gaz!

Last night Man City fans were, as you’d expect, in fine voice. One chant was ‘We’ve got.  . Guardiola, we’ve got. . .Guardiola , so glad you’re mine’. 

‘We’ve got Gary Rowett’ fits perfectly, same number of syllables. Practice this for our victory at Wembley :D

4 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

You can't be a true fan.

We didn't lose against a timid Red Dog team that had no shots on target. But we gave them a fashion lesson, The fact that he is 'one of our own' means he will surely sweep all before him - just believe!

15 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Last night Man City fans were, as you’d expect, in fine voice. One chant was ‘We’ve got.  . Guardiola, we’ve got. . .Guardiola , so glad you’re mine’. 

‘We’ve got Gary Rowett’ fits perfectly, same number of syllables. Practice this for our victory at Wembley :D

Being Derby fans we've already nicked the first part of the song but not quite got to line two yet.

Beats da da da da Gary Rowett I suppose...

26 minutes ago, SKRam said:

You don't get to many games then?

weve been 'practicing' it all season. 

3 hours ago, curb said:

You don't get to many games then?

weve been 'practicing' it all season. 

Not any more I’m afraid. Two this season and I’m beginning to feel faint. If you’d care to make me an offer for my old season tickets though I’ll consider a reasonable bid. 

Archived