Rowett

Rowett v Forest  

252 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, irobinson said:

should have been 6 fingers today

Personally I think a draw was a fair result on the day, obviously I'd have loved the win though. These games are often as much about not losing as they are about winning unfortunately. 

45 minutes ago, HariboWest said:

I'm trying my hardest to buy into the Rowett regime. But he's leaving a lot to be desired.

But the man has an arrogance surrounding him that really irks me. For somebody who hasn't won (or ultimately achieved) anything yet in his career, he acts like the world owes him something. 

When you're failing to beat Reading, QPR, Forest away from home, you're in no position to be acting the big man. It's not good enough.

Don't know how old you are Haribo but there are some of us that recall very similar comments being made about our manager in the late 1960s. Although you might argue that that didn't end so well the journey was well worth travelling.

3 hours ago, CROSSWORD said:

Sure is a Classy Guy,i agree hope its the "end of "soon.Our team is now as ordinary as the Red dogs,great work.

Your forgetting something he started the match with only 4 of his signings he's still trying to get by with McLarens dross 

I liked what he did. Nearly all us fans would have wanted to do the same thing I warrant.

I also like that GR talks like a fan and is happy to explain what he did and why. But he doesn’t have to justify his decisions...he’s the manager. A bit of arrogance is also fine by me. Most of the best managers have that and it goes well with players who will want to play with that same type of arrogance, as Utd used to under Ferguson.

Look, he hasn’t been in the job for a full season yet so let’s give him some time. He’s still having to use many players bought by previous managers, some of which I am sure he wouldn’t have brought to the club.

Everyone was complaining about the managers not being given enough time. Then when we get one in who has some real potential so many fans start complaining again. What happened to a bit of real patience ?

6 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Your forgetting something he started the match with only 4 of his signings he's still trying to get by with McLarens dross 

Forgive me if I miss your clever point but

Carson - Pearson

Fozzy - Clough 

Keogh - Clough

Davies - Rowett

Wisdom - Rowett 

Johnson - Clement

Huddlestone - Rowett

Lawrence - Rowett

Wiemann - Clement

Nugent - Mac

Anya - Pearson

1 player in the starting eleven was signed by Mac. They might be dross in your opinion, but they're not Mac's dross.

20 minutes ago, caymanram said:

I liked what he did. Nearly all us fans would have wanted to do the same thing I warrant.

I also like that GR talks like a fan and is happy to explain what he did and why. But he doesn’t have to justify his decisions...he’s the manager. A bit of arrogance is also fine by me. Most of the best managers have that and it goes well with players who will want to play with that same type of arrogance, as Utd used to under Ferguson.

Look, he hasn’t been in the job for a full season yet so let’s give him some time. He’s still having to use many players bought by previous managers, some of which I am sure he wouldn’t have brought to the club.

Everyone was complaining about the managers not being given enough time. Then when we get one in who has some real potential so many fans start complaining again. What happened to a bit of real patience ?

Admin or Dave... anyone

can this post please be pinned for all to read

right bang on the money mate 

7 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Carson - Pearson

Fozzy - Clough 

Keogh - Clough

Davies - Rowett

Wisdom - Rowett 

Johnson - Clement

Huddlestone - Rowett

Lawrence - Rowett

Wiemann - Clement

Nugent - Mac

Anya - Pearson

1 player in the starting eleven was signed by Mac. They might be dross in your opinion, but they're not Mac's dross.

And our 3 best players today were Rowett signings... And wasn't Carson  a Clement signing?

Just now, BondJovi said:

And our 3 best players today were Rowett signings... And wasn't Carson  a Clement signing?

He could have been, I didn't want to look it up so plumped for Pearson, based on the fact I can't remember Grant sitting on the bench for a whole year before joining Stoke.

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

He could have been, I didn't want to look it up so plumped for Pearson, based on the fact I can't remember Grant sitting on the bench for a whole year before joining Stoke.

I think Clement had some fancy rotation idea...

45 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Don't know how old you are Haribo but there are some of us that recall very similar comments being made about our manager in the late 1960s. Although you might argue that that didn't end so well the journey was well worth travelling.

Ludicrous comparison. Same could have been said of Phil Brown ..... an that didn't end well

My only slight gripe was not starting Palmer but i can see reason behind it. Rowett has taken plenty of flak of late for not making subs soon enough but he wasted no time today and they changed the game. Saw a stat on Sky that we are joint top for most goals scored by subs, this was probably an ideal match for Winnall last 15...

I think he spoke a lot of sense post match. Any manager needs an arrogance to get to the top, but also a willingness to adapt when things go wrong. I was starting to lose a bit of belief that Rowett was going to be the right long term choice but i think it will come good.

McClaren got abuse on here from some for laughing and joking with opposition managers even when we were losing, certainly not a stick you can beat Rowett with!

46 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Pure garbage. Facts really don't matter with  you. How many of the players starting today were signed by MacClaren? 

40 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Carson - Pearson

Fozzy - Clough 

Keogh - Clough

Davies - Rowett

Wisdom - Rowett 

Johnson - Clement

Huddlestone - Rowett

Lawrence - Rowett

Wiemann - Clement

Nugent - Mac

Anya - Pearson

Carson wasn't a Pearson signing was he?

2 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Hope for you, that’s fine with me.

I am so confident I am happy to state “no doubt” 

GR isn’t a religious figure for me, absolutely not.... because I have seen him in the flesh with my own 2 eyes ergo he is real.

Unlike most religious figures that people around the world put their faith in. (Which by the way is fine with me too) ??

So no, not a religious figure or anything like that @Highgate just a good fit for our club IMHO. 

I hope your overconfidence (in my view) in Rowett won't be proven unjustified.  Don't know where such remarkable faith comes from if I'm honest.

Archived