Favourite Derby shirts

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Have you seen this @loweman2?

Yeah I saw it @RoyMac5 but not sure if I want to go global ??? I’m happy sharing it all with you guys in Private protected environment but once you start attracting to much attention things can start going wrong, I’ve managed to build up a lot of trust with a lot of ex players and wouldn’t like things to get twisted, and of course Mrs Loweman2 gets to see the truth ! She ain’t ready for that kinda stuff ! Plus I think the shirts are holding my roof up.

ive had a few people approach me about doing some radio and magazine interviews.

to be honest I feel like a bit of an anorak.

it only started off as a innocent match worn Chris Powell shirt that he wore in the last game at the BBG and it’s just escalated into a collection of 1970s BBG flags, blazers, floodlights, bbg seats, signed photos, signed books and an obsession in meeting all of those players.

i think I have around 150 shirts which is ridiculous !

just wish that there was a space at Pride Park where it could all be on display, 150 mannequins all with Derby shirts on would look excellent!

might have to email Frank !

• 5 months later...

Not my era, but the 1971-72 shirt. Obviously it's special to us as it was during one of the great eras but it's smart, looks good and keeps it simple.

I'll wear new shirts, but much prefer to wear this when I'm out rather than having "JUST EAT" emblazoned across my front. 

75-189.jpg

3 hours ago, AshfieldRam said:

Not the nicest kit but the only kit we've ever had a 100% win rate in

image.png.c18ad6c5cca56f2ec19be1a4f65df991.png

Not so fast, buddy...

540x360.jpg

I presume the '46 cup final too?

Maybe the Watney Cup Final?

Didn't we have a shirt with 5 stars on, the week after deforestation?  ... Actually, scrub that little joke, as we probably lost the next game anyway!  LOL!  (Lousy memory, and really can't be ar5ed to check!)  

Maybe one of those poppy shirts, not so long back (with the year on it)?

I suspect any other "One off game" probably didn't have that 100% win rate though, to be fair to you!   

On 20/11/2018 at 11:56, sawley_ram said:

Not my era, but the 1971-72 shirt. Obviously it's special to us as it was during one of the great eras but it's smart, looks good and keeps it simple.

I'll wear new shirts, but much prefer to wear this when I'm out rather than having "JUST EAT" emblazoned across my front. 

75-189.jpg

That is pure beauty. As white as the driven snow. A simplicity that is all the more evocative for that very reason. 

Oooo, I've come over a little queer.

Thats it for me, I do love the 74/75 kit of course but this one is like your Sunday best. 

12 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Is the shirt above authentic?  I don’t recall the more modern Ram on the black and white kit of that style. Probably a sign I am beginning to lose it though?

@sawley_ram 71/72 shirt below is special to us etc but he likes to wear the shirt with the modern Ram on black and white because of the lack of advertising etc. No @i-Ram you are not losing it...........coz it's not yours to wear!

2l9l9fq.jpg

Archived