Favourite seasons

superzak

Obviously being an elderly type of supporter my favourite seasons fell between 1969 and 1975 but after the decline my favourite seasons since were the first 2 years under Arthur Cox. Me and my brother in law went to every game home and away in those 2 seasons and in general we were awful and the away grounds were absolutely terrible but we loved every rain soaked muddy pitch minute of it. My loft is still bulging with every programme from this era ...pre internet when you had to go just to find out who the hell  your new striker was and then you realised it was Bobby Campbell lol

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favourite years:

1984-1989 with Arthur

1990 - special mention for Shilton and Wright in the WC semi. Ooh what could've been.

1995-1999 with TBE (and 90 minutes of singing 'bald eagle, barmy army'.

Enjoyed the Billy promotion and Mac1 too. 

Some of the Nigel away days were good but not good seasons. 

Better days to come hopefully....

the good times are becoming more spread out so we're due something special soon.

PistoldPete2

Yes apart from the glory years, the 1997 to 2000 years , the 2006 -7 season and the 2013-14 season. The back to back promotions in the eighties were good too. 

1 minute ago, 1of4 said:

1968-1976 were the best. Don't think there'll ever be beaten.

The memory fades, large chunks disappear but I still remember watching them lift the trophy on the Council House balcony and climbing a lamp post to get a better view. #glorydays

97/98, first time I saw the Queen other than on the back of a coin, Baiano, Eranio, Wanchope, smashing Arsenal 3-0. First season in a spanking new stadium, first season ticket, trying to get served alcohol at 15 and succeeding on a couple of occasions.  6ft 4" came with it's advantages. 

The only blemish on that season was the 2 old guys behind us, yanking our clothes to pull us back in our seats so they could see, the football had everyone off their seats that season as we bared down on goal. Didn't see a single penalty that year, doubt they did either still. 

Doubt anything will top that season on a personal level, maybe doing a Leicester and winning the title would come close. 

That's why I'll always defend the stadium, I see @MuespachRam calls it the soulless bowl on the industrial estate, it's an age thing, whilst I remember the Baseball Ground, the terraced streets, smell from the chippy wafting down the real memories I hold are at PP.

Same for all those kids you see today having their pics taken with first time at PP certificates, memories being made at the best stadium in the country!

5 minutes ago, David said:

The only blemish on that season was the 2 old guys behind us, yanking our clothes to pull us back in our seats so they could see

I did that to someone in front of me on Saturday. Sorry. When did I get so old? :ph34r:

The late 80s with Arthur. The football was good, we had players I still consider to be heroes - Forsyth, Sage, Hindmarch, George Williams et al, we had successive promotions and, most of all, after the shambles of the early 80, it was a daily joy to still have a club to support.

I was also young and getting laid, which, I admit, might tint my glasses somewhat.

Since I've been following, the Burley play off season, 04-05, the Poison Dwarf 06-07, Mac1 13-14

And, weirdly, 09-10 under Nigel Clough. It was mostly awful but I got to a lot of games, 10-12 i think rather than my standard 4-6 due to location. And that win over Forest made redundancy process in an office full of red dogs just a little less miserable.

For me I think it has to be this one !

I was 17 at the time, just started work, money in my pocket, discovered beer and the ladies, Life was good !

The gloom of the late 70s and early 80s that I had grown up with and been used to watching was lifting from the BBG and the good days were back !

Derby were on a roll with back to back promotions and were back in the big time !

Arthur coxes blue and white army ! We’re not mad we’re ****ing barmy !

good days !

AA0A9790-136C-491B-B696-F1E34BB202BB.jpeg

05040AE8-1EF5-40C4-A661-CFB67A7C0D17.jpeg

CF1F0621-0B5E-4128-8F41-4DD6D24E2E7A.jpeg

I loved the seasons we had in division 3, going to places like Shrewsbury and Newport and taking over the place...but if I had to pick then it would be the champions led by King Arthur...

oohhhh Bobby Bobby....

scoring goals for Derby, Phillip Gee

bruceys got big ********

mickle mickle white

we all agree Georgie’s better than Robbo

Being just a young lad - the Billy Davies promotion season was the first time I really paid attention to Derby - the two seasons encompassing Mac 1 were my favourite. Superb attacking football, played by a youthful team that was only stopped from going up twice by rotten luck imo.

Archived