Favourite seasons

superzak

48 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I loved the seasons we had in division 3, going to places like Shrewsbury and Newport and taking over the place...but if I had to pick then it would be the champions led by King Arthur...

oohhhh Bobby Bobby....

scoring goals for Derby, Phillip Gee

bruceys got big ********

mickle mickle white

we all agree Georgie’s better than Robbo

Looking at Blackburn and being if the age in which I go away regularly on the piss I’d not be bothered if we went down 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1971-1972 season.17 years old and was extremely lucky enough to attend all 42 matches.Incredible.Myself and 3 or 4 mates decided try to get to all the games that season..the two or three seasons prior we'd missed about 3/4 games,night matches at places like Southampton or Newcastle.Little did we know that it would all come down to a finale V Liverpool on a warm night in early May.And I'm so pleased I couldn't be called a glory Hunter,my first game was in 1967 pre BC..we finished 6 bottom...after Sir Brian's first season we finished 5th bottom! But even then we could see this fantastic team being put together piece by piece.What a brilliant time to be growing up a Rams fan.5-0 wins against Spurs and Arsenal..4-0 V Liverpool..Benfica, Real Madrid, Juventus.Watney Cup v Man Utd. Not many advantages to being an old geezer! But do feel a bit sorry for younger fans who've never experienced such a unbelievable period in our history.Will we see such times again?

1995/96 is my favorite and then it was all good until just before our relegation in 2002 as they were my secondary school years.

Since then Mac's first go was by far the best to watch and the promotion in 2007 was alright. I even quite enjoyed our 11 Point season as once it was apparent there was no chance for us, we had a bit of a laugh.

there was some boring seasons dotted about bur we've never been relegated to the third tier so we can't complain too much.

88/89 is an obvious standout.  We played some great football, had some brilliant players, beat some of the best teams in the country, and if it wasn't for the european ban(down @MuespachRam ), we'd have been in the UEFA Cup.

95/96 was an incredible season, made even more amazing by the fact we were 20th in November!!!  Such a brilliant mix of talents, craft from Ron Willems, guile from Van Der Lann & Powell, elegance from Igor, and sheer pace from Sturridge.  

97/98 was special too.  The opening of Pride Park (I was there when someone tripped over the light socket...) , the trouncing of the eventual league winners, the Eranio, Biano, Wanchope axis was a privilege to witness.

13/14 despite ending in heartbreak what a ride it was.  ****est fans may still take the piss with the Barcelona B swipes, but christ some of the football we played was awesome.  

29 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

88/89 is an obvious standout.  We played some great football, had some brilliant players, beat some of the best teams in the country, and if it wasn't for the european ban(down @MuespachRam ), we'd have been in the UEFA Cup.

95/96 was an incredible season, made even more amazing by the fact we were 20th in November!!!  Such a brilliant mix of talents, craft from Ron Willems, guile from Van Der Lann & Powell, elegance from Igor, and sheer pace from Sturridge.  

97/98 was special too.  The opening of Pride Park (I was there when someone tripped over the light socket...) , the trouncing of the eventual league winners, the Eranio, Biano, Wanchope axis was a privilege to witness.

13/14 despite ending in heartbreak what a ride it was.  ****est fans may still take the piss with the Barcelona B swipes, but christ some of the football we played was awesome.  

What's this? I've never heard of this.

Done some research on this

I like to pretend I remember 1975 - well I think that is the reason I am a Derby fan I was a 4 year old glory hunter - little did I know !!

Depite that I would go for

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998–99_Derby_County_F.C._season

8th in the league - Quarter Final of the cup, did the double over Liverpool (My dads team) a profit in the transfer market and we added Seth Johnson and Malcolm Christie, All this despite Igor missing a great chunk of the season.

I get a little confused now but on a personal level I was best man to a Villa Fan in September and I have a feeling they were top and we were second. I thought we beat Charlton that day - but that does look like we shouldn't have enough points to be second on this link 6pts from 4 games. Ah looking at that link more carefully it looks like we went 2nd that day with a win against Charlton.

Archived