Team For Sunday

SFox1993

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Olsson

Huddlestone

Johnson Palmer 

Weimann

Nugent Vydra

Probably won’t work but we never score from crosses so may as well not play widemen, both those centre mids will move wide as well. Get a bit of control in the middle of the park. Lawrence to play instead of Weimann if he learns how to play football again.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, timmo said:

Not a scapegoat,  just no idea what he brings to the team. 

More athleticism than Thorne and Ledley, more threat going forwards than Thorne and Ledley, ability to put in a decent cross from the left when the LM cuts inside, threat from corners and free kicks.

***** passer but we don’t pass it or see much of the ball so ??‍♂️

Carson, keogh, wisdom, an ikea chest of drawers for left back and in the midfield positions.

Vydra if fit, Palmer and might as well fill the rest of the positions with a few sacks of vegetables ( not the ones that played against Qpr) ?

I'm an admirer of the new fad that is 3-4-3, the one formation we have struggled when come up against, Forest play 4-2-3-1 themselves. 

Keep the same philosophy, focus on solid defending, keep Brereton and Dowell outnumbered and quiet, bounce on any mistakes quickly with numbers on the break.

Anya and Forysth would have to be prepared to put the miles in, Johnson would enjoy being further up the pitch and allow both Lawrence and Weimann drift inside more. 

Is Vydra cut out to be the main striker? Not entirely sure but right now he's the only player that knows where the net is.

Palmer, great player to bring off the bench an hour in, legs a little tired, not the twinkle toes defenders would appreciate coming on.

Carson

Wisdom    Keogh    Davies

Anya    Huddlestone    Johnson    Forsyth

Weimann                  Lawrence

Vydra

That's what I would do on Sunday, although I expect we will stay with 4-2-3-1 and Carson, Forsyth, Davies, Keogh, Wisdom, Johnson, Huddlestone, Lawrence, Vydra, Weimann, Jerome.

I'd like to see .

Carson 

Anya.     Keogh.             Davies.       Ollson 

Huddlestone  Palmer

Lawrence.       Vydra.          Johnson 

Weimann 

Maybe a few reading this thinking what's this ******* loon on here , there's method in the madness.

Swap the full backs and go a little more attacking here F*rests full backs are awful and we could exploit this. 

Palmer for some creativity and legs in the middle . Let uncle Tom sit and try to dictate the play. 

Johnson on the left ????? ??. I actually prefer him on the left than in the middle and let's be serious he's going to play isn't he ? 

Weimann up top , stretch there back line and he's currently our best option at number 9 . Jerome's a cart horse and Nugent seems to have retired but just forgot to tell us . 

7 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I'd like to see .

Weimann up top , stretch there back line and he's currently our best option at number 9 . Jerome's a cart horse and Nugent seems to have retired but just forgot to tell us . 

Woahhh have you been on the Special K?! :lol:

It's a good time to play Forest - form goes out the window. I hate playing Forest when we're on a roll - always expect a derailment. 

I'd love to see something different and some positivity.

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh   Davies

Anya   Palmer   Huddlestone   Johnson

Wiemann   Vydra

Phillips

3 hours ago, David said:

I'm an admirer of the new fad that is 3-4-3, the one formation we have struggled when come up against, Forest play 4-2-3-1 themselves. 

Keep the same philosophy, focus on solid defending, keep Brereton and Dowell outnumbered and quiet, bounce on any mistakes quickly with numbers on the break.

Anya and Forysth would have to be prepared to put the miles in, Johnson would enjoy being further up the pitch and allow both Lawrence and Weimann drift inside more. 

Is Vydra cut out to be the main striker? Not entirely sure but right now he's the only player that knows where the net is.

Palmer, great player to bring off the bench an hour in, legs a little tired, not the twinkle toes defenders would appreciate coming on.

Carson

Wisdom    Keogh    Davies

Anya    Huddlestone    Johnson    Forsyth

Weimann                  Lawrence

Vydra

That's what I would do on Sunday, although I expect we will stay with 4-2-3-1 and Carson, Forsyth, Davies, Keogh, Wisdom, Johnson, Huddlestone, Lawrence, Vydra, Weimann, Jerome.

I like this formation, Forsyth, however is physically unable to play wing back. It takes him about 10 mins to get from one end to another. His crossing ability is poor and his defensive ability, not much better. Olsen is capable of covering the yardage, possibly a better crosser but worse defender. Rock and a hard place, springs to mind. My preference would be to have neither playing, move Johnson to the left, where he played for Norwich and Palmer in the midfield. Not ideal but we must try something different 

5 hours ago, SFox1993 said:

Might be because i dont want Johnson playing in the middle ;)

Got to agree with your line up would have Anya in for Lawrence sorry we can't carry him any longer  But its all hypothetical because Johnson will definitely start I will put my house on it 

26 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

It's a good time to play Forest - form goes out the window. I hate playing Forest when we're on a roll - always expect a derailment. 

I'd love to see something different and some positivity.

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh   Davies

Anya   Palmer   Huddlestone   Johnson

Wiemann   Vydra

Phillips

I would love to we something different too But playing without a left back would be suicidal. Cash is by far their best player give him freedom on the right he will destroy us 

5 hours ago, Spanish said:

also need to stop Wisdom taking throw ins and TL making tackles.  seems nailed on for a victory

Has anyone pointed out that they were taking foul throw-ins all night and got away with it? We were screaming 'feet' at the ref and he just ignored us.

So ironic that our goal conceded with a foul throw-in - although more obvious a genuine mistake with a slippy ball whereas their guy was just cheating!

1 hour ago, Rampant said:

Carson

Wisdom

Keogh

Davies

Olssen

Huddlestone

Palmer

Weimann

Vydra

Thomas

Nugent