Team For Sunday

SFox1993

I would like to see us go a little more attacking on Sunday(Partly because of injuries). I'd rather we had a proper go at getting that elusive win under our belt , than get a draw.

Id go with the following ..

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh     Davies   Forsyth

Huddlestone

Palmer          Vydra

Weimann                              Lawrence

Jerome

My thinking behind this is trying to get Palmer and Vydra linking up together in that pocket of space behind Jerome. With Weimann and Lawrence supporting the defense when needed. Could replace Jerome for Nugent but i like Jerome's workrate.

Worth mentioning that this is when we are attacking... When we dont have the ball it would look more like 4-5-1 so we are not overrun in midfield

Thoughts?:) COYR

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Spanish said:

would confuse them when they try to overload midfield only to find no one there and Hudds as the QB throwing Hail Mary's all game long

Palmer and vydra wouldn't be forward all the time and lawrence and weimann wouldn't leave Hudds to do it all himself :lol:

Without possession itd look more like a 4-5-1

1 minute ago, timmo said:

I'd go with this, anything that keeps the liability Johnson out of the starting 11 is good for me 

also need to stop Wisdom taking throw ins and TL making tackles.  seems nailed on for a victory

10 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

I would like to see us go a little more attacking on Sunday(Partly because of injuries). I'd rather we had a proper go at getting that elusive win under our belt , than get a draw.

Id go with the following ..

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh     Davies   Forsyth

Huddlestone

Palmer          Vydra

Weimann                              Lawrence

Jerome

My thinking behind this is trying to get Palmer and Vydra linking up together in that pocket of space behind Jerome. With Weimann and Lawrence supporting the defense when needed. Could replace Jerome for Nugent but i like Jerome's workrate.

Worth mentioning that this is when we are attacking... When we dont have the ball it would look more like 4-5-1 so we are not overrun in midfield

Thoughts?:) COYR

I like it. I might be tempted to start Anya over Lawrence so he can be up and down helping out defensively - if there are any worries we are "too open" of course.

Just now, Spanish said:

also need to stop Wisdom taking throw ins and TL making tackles.  seems nailed on for a victory

I think we are gonna win 1-0 finally a bit of luck goes our way and a shot from Jerome/Nugent is parried into Palmers path

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth/Olsson

Huddlestone Johnson

Weimann Palmer Lawrence

Vydra

Genuinely don't have a clue who I'd pick to start at left back, Olsson would have me terrified of Cash making a mockery of him and Forsyth offers very little going forward. And it's not ideal playing Vydra up front, but Jerome and Nugent have been so poor of late that he can't do much worse. Hopefully Palmer and Vydra could cause the Forest defence some problems with their direct approach 

1 minute ago, whitefieldram said:

I like it. I might be tempted to start Anya over Lawrence so he can be up and down helping out defensively - if there are any worries we are "too open" of course.

Good point , think for all his critics though that Lawrence has come into a bit more last couple of games

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth/Olsson

Huddlestone Johnson

Weimann Palmer Lawrence

Vydra

Genuinely don't have a clue who I'd pick to start at left back, Olsson would have me terrified of Cash making a mockery of him and Forsyth offers very little going forward. And it's not ideal playing Vydra up front, but Jerome and Nugent have been so poor of late that he can't do much worse. Hopefully Palmer and Vydra could cause the Forest defence some problems with their direct approach 

Another way of looking at it :) Johnson in midfield terrifies me though.. 100% true about leftback though

1 minute ago, SFox1993 said:

Another way of looking at it :) Johnson in midfield terrifies me though.. 100% true about leftback though

Yep he doesn't really fill me with too much confidence, but I think a midfield with just Huddlestone as the only real defensive player would get destroyed by Tomlin in particular. He'll definitely need help up against him

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Yep he doesn't really fill me with too much confidence, but I think a midfield with just Huddlestone as the only real defensive player would get destroyed by Tomlin in particular. He'll definitely need help up against him

Fair point but i think if the other 4 dropped back when forest have possession we might be OK

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth

Huddlestone Johnson

Weimann Vydra Palmer

Jerome

Rowett said Johnson had a good game, apart from the obvious slip up and I think Rowett quite likes Johnson. He’s physical and has a bit more about him going forward than the others. Let Johnson bomb on a bit, he can offer us something in the attacking game too.

This team can’t play football on the ground well, you may as well embrace that and have Johnson in the team for his physicality.

Get Palmer and Vydra on the pitch together, Lawrence has had a chance to build on his form post-Reading and simply hasn’t. Weimann is one of our only outballs down the right, he’s actually sort of undroppable, particularly as he’s scoring.

Go there, be physical in a local derby and grab a morale boosting win. Kick start the season.

Just now, Leicester Ram said:

Carson

Huddlestone Johnson

Weimann Vydra Palmer

Jerome

Rowett said Johnson had a good game, apart from the obvious slip up and I think Rowett quite likes Johnson. He’s physical and has a bit more about him going forward than the others. Let Johnson bomb on a bit, he can offer us something in the attacking game too.

This team can’t play football on the ground well, you may as well embrace that and have Johnson in the team for his physicality.

Get Palmer and Vydra on the pitch together, Lawrence has had a chance to build on his form post-Reading and simply hasn’t. Weimann is one of our only outballs down the right, he’s actually sort of undroppable, particularly as he’s scoring.

Go there, be physical in a local derby and grab a morale boosting win. Kick start the season.

Another good team :) not sure we need 2 holding mids tho

4 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Carson

Huddlestone Johnson

Weimann Vydra Palmer

Jerome

I'd rather have tommy Johnson in his fifties than Bradley 

Given Huddlestone is struggling with a thigh injury, we may need to increase the midfield numbers if we're to prevent being over-run.

Hard hat on...

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh   Davies   Forsyth

Hanson   THudd   Johnson

Weimann       Vydra          Palmer

GULP!

Archived