Keogh 2021

Animal is a Ram

So happy to see Mr Keogh signed up for another 3 years, he has been a great signing, a great example to our squad since he has been here,  always gave 100 percent,  every time he was on the pitch, played 99 percent of the time, never hardly injured, and looks like he actually loves playing for this club, one of the best signings in the last 20 years, gives sweat and blood for this club.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I probably won't win a popularity contest but Keogh immediately looked better with any of Pearce, Shackle and now Curtis. Don't get me wrong Sir Jake was a a brave brave DCFC warrior and one of our own. but I always felt Keogh had 25% of his eye and attention on what big Jake might unpredictably be doing at any one moment. He plays his own game now and we are seeing the full range of his ability. 

I remember a game against Watford and he'd been given the job of shutting down Deeney .. Fast strong dangerous ... Keogh knew exactly what the job was and stretched every sinew in one of the best most honest centre half / centre forward battles I have seen. Lots of genuine skill and anticipation. 

22 minutes ago, jono said:

I probably won't win a popularity contest but Keogh immediately looked better with any of Pearce, Shackle and now Curtis. Don't get me wrong Sir Jake was a a brave brave DCFC warrior and one of our own. but I always felt Keogh had 25% of his eye and attention on what big Jake might unpredictably be doing at any one moment. He plays his own game now and we are seeing the full range of his ability. 

I remember a game against Watford and he'd been given the job of shutting down Deeney .. Fast strong dangerous ... Keogh knew exactly what the job was and stretched every sinew in one of the best most honest centre half / centre forward battles I have seen. Lots of genuine skill and anticipation. 

Take that back, for shame!

Happy about this.

Can never understand why some fans consistently have a go at him.

He’s a quality CB. Sure, like any plater he has periods when he’s not on top form and will make the odd mistake. Trouble is that defender’s mistakes get notice more than those of midfielders or strikers.

I think he’s been a great servant and every Rams fan should be glad he’s staying around.

Great news. I don’t see how anyone could love his merauding runs from centre back. Well done to him.

A little off topic but I read the Rowett article about Keogh, it’s good to see he communicates well with the older heads about moral and includes them in decision making. Very savvy indeed. No player revolts any time soon by the sounds of it. Think Rowett will be one hell of a manager for us.

21 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

A non ram family member asks me - Why Does Keogh always look so surprised. Hes always got his gob open wide in amazement at something.

Always moaning to the ref? when ref calls him up for anything "What me? ref? never?

You mean you allow non rams in your family shame on you 

I’ll eat my humble pie. I was a huge critic of his, and at one point would’ve traded him for a packet of peanuts.

I questioned if he unsettled the players around him, as at one point no matter the cb or rb pairing they all looked a circus act. But now he’s got real quality around him he looks far more composed, so maybe it was the others unsettling his game.

Anyhow, well deserved new contract and long may the good performances last. 

9 minutes ago, R@M said:

Glad to see Keogh has already lasted longer than most of those posters!

Never understood the stick he gets on this forum but never feel that at games he’s well liked,and now he has a quality centre half next to him he is able to concentrate on his own game. I would not swap him or Davies for anyone at this level and I think they would both do a job in the prem ???

TobyWanKenobi

Happy for him. Not sure how much his contribution will be when he hits 33/34 in the last year of this contract, but at that time one expects he'd be more of a squad player and perhaps looking towards coaching with us, which I think he would take to well thanks to top leadership skills.

Archived