Keogh 2021

Animal is a Ram

Great news. He benefits from playing with better players. This season he is doing his job and doing it very well. Seasons past he has tried to do his job and that of the players around him, who weren’t up to it themselves. Surprised a lower to mid prem club didn’t bid for him in January. Delighted they didn’t though. Whichever division we are in next season, one player we don’t need to replace 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant news, absolute derby hero! Had some dodgy moments in the past for sure, but now with another big charectar and fantastic defender in Davies next to him, he’s played some of the best games he’s played for us. Clearly loves the club, no reason we he can’t make over 300 appearances which is some achievement at a single club. 

Excellent news. Am struggling to think of another Derby player in my lifetime who has shown as much loyalty, strength of character and sheer level of consistency as Richard Keogh. If and when we finally go up there is not another person at the club I'd be more delighted for. 

Wouldn't swap him for another player in the football league. 

For me, the most driven, loyal, gut busting player we have AND he does it every week.

With a competent partner he is getting better and better. 

Great news this as he will certainly have been on a lot of radars.

Thank you Richard Keogh. 

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

He was signed for about £1.2 million if I remember correctly. What an absolute steal that has ended up being. Despite the absolutely ridiculous stick he got after Wembley which never truly went away he has been an absolute credit to the club and has been consistently good for ages now.

Hard to think of a better value for money player we've had for a long time 

I thought he was finished after Bristol but what a comeback.  Think the keo haters are lurking though, hoping and praying for a damaging mess up so they enjoy a told you so moment even though it would badly affect DCFC.  Very sad and not a little weird

Has always been outstanding. You can’t atone for others lack of defensive awareness and tactical ineptitude. Every single sportsman ever has made mistakes, maybe if he wasn’t the last line of defence so often in the past Keogh’s mistakes wouldn’t have been or looked so costly. 

He will easily be able to step up again, and I think we would be lucky to hang on to him in January if we do. Would I swap him for a 40mil  rated Jonny Evans? No chance. 

I hope every penny of the money saved on Martin goes to this new contract, as he really is the only player (apart from Bucko)  in the last ten years that makes me truly believe he loves the club and playing for it.

Boy how sweet would it be to see him in front of the south stand celebrating promotion with the crowd chanting Keogh Keogh,,, if ever a player earns and deserved that moment it’s him ,,, he’s a ram

24 minutes ago, archied said:

Boy how sweet would it be to see him in front of the south stand celebrating promotion with the crowd chanting Keogh Keogh,,, if ever a player earns and deserved that moment it’s him ,,, he’s a ram

You can just picture the scene can't you.... it WILL happen one day!

Archived