James McClean

Andrew3000

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't particularly agree with his poppy stance, but, i understand it. However, at least he's not a) totally ignorant or apathetic or b) just doing it to go along with the heard.

When was the last time you saw any TV presenter without one in the first two weeks of November? Do you think they all do it because of the noble reasons, or just dread of the papers running "this person disrespectful to dead soldiers" stories?

Its ignorance, apathy and" if you don't then you're in the wrong" that irritate me in discussion of the poppy appeal. But that's a different discussion.

The player, would be decent, doubt it'll happen.

8 minutes ago, ramit said:

i don't care what his views are, not one bit.  If he's a good player we could use, then sign him up i say.  Politics should not enter into a football discussion IMO

Couldn' disagree more! I go to support the derby players - how can you go and cheer someone who you know has opinions and beliefs that I personally despise?!

5 minutes ago, Slim charles said:

Couldn' disagree more! I go to support the derby players - how can you go and cheer someone who you know has opinions and beliefs that I personally despise?!

i support Derby and all it's players.  If you have a problem with that, then that's what it is, your problem

BTW i don't care what your political views are either and you cannot force them on me Slim

Deal with it, or not

22 minutes ago, ramit said:

i don't care what his views are, not one bit.  If he's a good player we could use, then sign him up i say.  Politics should not enter into a football discussion IMO

So if there was a player who was a self confessed jihadist who supported terrorist acts but was a good player, that would be OK?

Just now, Strange yearnings said:

So if there was a player who was a self confessed jihadist who supported terrorist acts but was a good player, that would be OK?

The short answer is yes.  If we start mixing politics with football, it will destroy the game IMO.

Does that make me a terrorist supporter?  Nope

Archived