Derby County F.C. v Bristol City F.C.

Boycie

5 minutes ago, robglosta said:

I honestly think that was my favourite ever Derby game*, what an atmosphere and what a crest of a wave.

*Other than the fact that I got flashed in Kettering and got 3 points. 

ERM...what?

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back on topic ...

Feeling a bit queasy about this one. Watching it with 3 brizz fans down the road 

Conflicts of etiquette 

1. They've bought a veggie snack so I am obliged to turn up at the start

2. They drink lots of session ale with low abv.  I'm more a couple of pints of ethanol man

3. If we're winning do I make excuses and leave to avoid embarrassing them 

4. If they're winning do I leave to avoid them embarrassing me

5. One of them is the son of my best mate. I used to teach him

There's lots of opportunities for social awkwardness

Suggestions? 

34 minutes ago, robglosta said:

I honestly think that was my favourite ever Derby game*, what an atmosphere and what a crest of a wave.

*Other than the fact that I got flashed in Kettering and got 3 points. 

You sure it was not you flashed someone once in Kettering after 3 pints? Just saying sometimes the memory fancies things up a bit for us 

1 hour ago, dog said:

Back on topic ...

Feeling a bit queasy about this one. Watching it with 3 brizz fans down the road 

Conflicts of etiquette 

1. They've bought a veggie snack so I am obliged to turn up at the start

2. They drink lots of session ale with low abv.  I'm more a couple of pints of ethanol man

3. If we're winning do I make excuses and leave to avoid embarrassing them 

4. If they're winning do I leave to avoid them embarrassing me

5. One of them is the son of my best mate. I used to teach him

There's lots of opportunities for social awkwardness

Suggestions? 

Get 'Steve Bloomers Watching' on your phone and play it full blast over and over again if we win.

There are only 3 points available..it's the same 3 points as for any other game and they are a good team so it's no disaster whatever happens. 

Except...except...

They are a rival..3 points really puts them a long way back. Seriously dents a major rival.

We go first...3 points on the board against a rival sends a message out to everyone.

We have had a bit of a break and always  seem to wobble around now. Psychologically important to us to get straight back on it, grab 3 points and just roll ever onwards.

We're in the transfer window....be good to show we're the team going places. Strengthens us and weaken other teams attractiveness who are trying to get players in. 

Would be lovely to get 3 points on the board and get the cigars out Saturday !!!!

Good test this one. Think things could change from here on in.

Sky will talk us up a bit so there will be an element of pressure on both the team and players like Vydra in the spotlight. 

Win it and we cement our status as the main frontrunners for second and I think teams will pretty much come to us as underdogs from now on.

5 minutes ago, 61GT said:

I’m weighing up whether to get a NowTV pass this evening.

The only thing holding me back is every time I’ve done this in the past we’ve been awful !!!!?

Don't do it, take the missus out, McDonalds, chicken nuggets and a strawberry milkshake, come home around 10 ish and enjoy the 3 points.

Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

We're unbeaten in 8 league matches

They've lost 5 in all competitions

Classic Derby would lose this

Rowett's Derby are gonna #****house this to a victory! 

all runs come to an end at some stage whichever team it is, hopefully not tonight though

Archived