Derby County F.C. v Bristol City F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Anyone fancy watching this in Aberdeen at McGinty’s Meal an Ale Bar?.....504 Union Street, Aberdeen AB10 1TT

www.mcgintysmealanale.co.uk

Fri 19 Jan, 7:45pm Sky Sports

4 Aberdeenshire Rams will be meeting up, including a new recruit from Stonehaven at Aberdeen McGinty's Meal an Ale Bar.

So if you fancy joining us and treating us all to some nuts. Come along.

2qsbiqc.jpg

Get into the Bristol City with their Massive Attack and all that.......

CANCELLED.

STONEHAVEN SECTION DOUBLE BOOKED AND HEAVY SNOW ON IT'S WAY AND WE TEND TO WIN WHEN THE ABERDEENSHIRE RAMS DON'T GO TO THE BOOZER TO WATCH IT.

Hope we can get Bristol City on the (Darren) Wrack!

Hi guys, City fan here...  sadly working so I'm not even going to manage to see this one on the box. :(

Should be a cracking game.  The low turnout (I'd still expect around 600) will primarily be down to money I'd imagine.  Just after Christmas, halfway through January, with the two cup games people have forked out for means that budgets will be stretched.  With it being on the box as well I doubt those would usually push the finances a little will do so, especially seeing as it means taking time off work as well.  I think all things considering it won't be too bad a turnout.

Obviously going to be a massively different game to the one at the Gate.  Certainly won't be a repeat, that's for sure.  Our results haven't been great, having lost 5 on the bounce, but really only Saturday's defeat to Norwich was a really worrying one.  We've had a crippling injury list meaning that we've not been able to rotate the squad at all...one of our lads has needed an epidural just to get on the pitch!  After a run of 6 games in 12 days including Utd and Wolves, we simply ran out of legs against Villa and got walloped chasing a game from 2 goals down.  2 of the other defeats were against Watford in the FA cup where we had primarily the kids out, and Man City.  Overall, 5 losses on the bounce don't really tell a true story.

It is worrying though that we could conceivably be losing 7 on the spin though!

We will set out in the only way we know how, and that is to attack.  If you set out to stifle us you'll win.  Our biggest problem this season is breaking teams down who park the bus.  We simply can't slice through 10 players and don't have the physical presence up front to hit high balls into the box.  I'd expect a tight game and honestly I'd be delighted with a draw.  These players will give their all....they don't know how not to.  Anyone who thinks they'll take it easy ahead of Man City are mistaken....it just isn't in their make up.

Hope you enjoy the game on Friday (just not too much) and good luck in the play-offs at the end of the season! ;) 

3 minutes ago, atyeo9 said:

Hi guys, City fan here...  sadly working so I'm not even going to manage to see this one on the box. :(

Should be a cracking game.  The low turnout (I'd still expect around 600) will primarily be down to money I'd imagine.  Just after Christmas, halfway through January, with the two cup games people have forked out for means that budgets will be stretched.  With it being on the box as well I doubt those would usually push the finances a little will do so, especially seeing as it means taking time off work as well.  I think all things considering it won't be too bad a turnout.

Obviously going to be a massively different game to the one at the Gate.  Certainly won't be a repeat, that's for sure.  Our results haven't been great, having lost 5 on the bounce, but really only Saturday's defeat to Norwich was a really worrying one.  We've had a crippling injury list meaning that we've not been able to rotate the squad at all...one of our lads has needed an epidural just to get on the pitch!  After a run of 6 games in 12 days including Utd and Wolves, we simply ran out of legs against Villa and got walloped chasing a game from 2 goals down.  2 of the other defeats were against Watford in the FA cup where we had primarily the kids out, and Man City.  Overall, 5 losses on the bounce don't really tell a true story.

We will set out in the only way we know how, and that is to attack.  If you set out to stifle us you'll win.  Our biggest problem this season is breaking teams down who park the bus.  We simply can't slice through 10 players and don't have the physical presence up front to hit high balls into the box.  I'd expect a tight game and honestly I'd be delighted with a draw.  These players will give their all....they don't know how not to.  Anyone who thinks they'll take it easy ahead of Man City are mistaken....it just isn't in their make up.

Hope you enjoy the game on Friday (just not too much) and good luck in the play-offs at the end of the season! ;) 

Not sure why you think we might park the bus. Yes we play counter attacking football but that's very different to parking the bus.

Teams who park the bus aren't usually the 2nd highest scorers in the division at this stage of the season.

You are right though will probably be a tight game, could go either way.

26 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Not sure why you think we might park the bus. Yes we play counter attacking football but that's very different to parking the bus.

Teams who park the bus aren't usually the 2nd highest scorers in the division at this stage of the season.

You are right though will probably be a tight game, could go either way.

Exactly, I feel it might be a case of which attack has the bit of magic, our incisive counters or Bristiol's flair. We'll let Bristol pass it around in front of us no bother, we'll probably have 40% possession but we're comfortable playing that way, how comfortable are BC with quick counters? obviously no mugs else they wouldn't be where they are.

1 hour ago, atyeo9 said:

Well, that's fair enough. I was having a nose on the OTIB forum earlier and the main issue with travelling definitely was the cost after so many games and it being a Friday night.

Incidentally, your link to dcfcfans.co.uk no longer works, I think it needs changing to HTTPS.

Definitely a case of #COYR for the both of us (Reds or Rams)

Obviously I hope we win but it would good for you to make the playoffs, as long as it means Leeds don't!

8 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Well, that's fair enough. I was having a nose on the OTIB forum earlier and the main issue with travelling definitely was the cost after so many games and it being a Friday night.

Incidentally, your link to dcfcfans.co.uk no longer works, I think it needs changing to HTTPS.

Definitely a case of #COYR for the both of us (Reds or Rams)

Obviously I hope we win but it would good for you to make the playoffs, as long as it means Leeds don't!

Just a heads up on the link mention @atyeo9

its dcfcfans.uk - not .co.uk - that'll be why it doesn't work

1 minute ago, Gritters said:

All I know is I had a ticket but couldn’t go because I had just had an operation and it got infected. Every cloud eh....

Your ticket got infected?

1 hour ago, atyeo9 said:

I know you've had a difficult run of games with your league cup run, but 6 games in 12 days can't be right, surely? :lol:

A Vydra - Nugent game here. Nuge looked a total menace last match ...

Will be surprised if Jerome starts but equally surprised if he doesn’t come on to make his debut in the second half.

Thorne and Wisdom to keep their places.

Win this and we are seriously making a play for the autos ... exciting times.

17 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

29,000 home tickets available less say 3,500 unsold = 25,500 home fans + 500 away fans = 26,000 crowd. 2nd in the table, kids for a quid...Although its on telly a bit disappointing.

That's presuming we gave them a full 3,300 allocation - which I'm guessing we didn't.

Archived