Derby County F.C. v Bristol City F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly surreal game and strange performance. We edged it but didn't really do enough to win it. Loads of abuse for the ref on here but didn't think he got much wrong really. 

We didn't play great but were better than the much fancied Bristol City. 

Have 11 days off.

Jerome looks a handful.

2 minutes ago, gazram80 said:

The lack of composure in the final third tonight was particularly bad. But we still got a point and are closer to promotion than we were 90minutes ago. 

Agree, we didn't look like a top 2 side tonight!

Lets hope the results favour us tomorrow, need Villa and Cardiff to drop points now!

I usually defend refs....... but you could see from the first free kick he was going to be all over this game, a manufactured referee......

Anyhow, how have we not scored.

Thorne not really at races tonight, but he’s still coming back.....

One of those games we usually lose. 

Another clean sheet. Onwards and upwards. 

Shame. Thought we were clearly the better side but we lacked the clinical work in the top third we've seen of late.

Poor GT was just trying too hard tonight as were one or two others.  As for the officials, well they were beyond awful. 

Still, we sit second so we just dust down and go again. 

COYR

all you c**rd slagging Thorne off go and support the scum we don't need fans like you,he' probs tired and he' making mistakes coz he cares and wants to win ref lost us this game 110% a pen, if we won 1-0 would you be slaging players off no so shut it! We did well there a much younger side and towards the end it shown but it's a good point. last rant Lawrence should never take a corner again NEVER! beats a first man!

I think utter rubbish is a bit harsh, disappointing yeah, utter rubbish (for me) nah. 

I also think, and this could get me pelters, too many of the crowd have got a “right, entertain me” attitude. They are part of the game, at this crucial stage of the season, the crowd can be vital in encouraging the lads and also intimidating the opposition, they need to up their game.

One of those nights I’m afraid, should have beat them, didn’t happen for too many of our forwards, hope we don’t rue this result come May and I write that as a criticism of that bozo ref as opposed to criticising our players, if that wasn’t a penalty I’m a Dutchman.

Not sure Gary got his subs right today. Think Jerome should have come on earlier and I think he shouldn't have taken off both Vydra and Lawrence. We lacked a short option and a bit of creativity in the final third going into the final 15. 

Overall it was an even game where we created the better chances and were denied a clear penalty. Would have taken a point beforehand but can't help but feel aggrieved. Oh well onwards and upwards.

On a side note, Jerome looked a real handful.

How did we not get 3 points!

Great saves from both the Brizzle keepers. One from Vyds free-kick and the other in second half from Lawrence shot.

Hit the bar

Vyds missed a 1v1 had the whole goal to shoot at and of course the penalty that wasn't given.

Carson didn't have a save to make considering the chances they had. 

Although not pretty, if we play like that for the rest of the season we win more than we lose.

Two points dropped for sure. We simply didn't take advantage of a tired Bristol City side who looked shot for the latter stages of both halves. Thought they were on their last legs at times.

Really poor finishing and decision making in the final third. Vyrdra's miss was abysmal, he had so much time and half the goal was gaping. He hit it straight at their goalkeeper.

Lawrence and Russell both missed chances, as did Winnall who didn't connect with an inviting cross from Weimann.

I lost count of the amount of times we wasted good positions with rubbish crosses, poor passes or bad finishing. 

Defensively our back four were sound, aside from that one lapse in the first half.

Was a penalty, Doesn't matter how Jerome went down, he was clipped and was never going to get any advantage from that. Really poor decision from the referee but I'm sure he would have given it if he had VAR even if it was subjective.

Archived