Derby County F.C. v Bristol City F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Can I add **** off McClaren!

Nah, he needs to get out of the commentary booth, get down to the touch line and inspire us towards a glorious second-half goal fest!

?

........On the other hand best stay where he is.

Just now, 61GT said:

Nah, he needs to get out of the commentary booth, get down to the touch line and inspire us towards a glorious second-half goal fest!

?

Have we got the bench to play 6 upfront?

Just now, Pearl Ram said:

I enjoyed that first half. For all Bristol City’s hard work, and I do think they are a hard working team, we only had the one lapse, Carson would have had it covered anyway ;)

Lawrence is still to convince for me but overall I was quite pleased with the last 20/25 minutes of the half. No real complaints from the East Hertfordshire correspondent. COYR.

There were two lapses in the penalty area in quick succession. Keogh mistake followed by Wisdom mistake.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Who the **** is this ref- Gary Johnson? Wtf was that call when we made a clean tackle in the box, inept ameteur performance so far

He couldn’t have seen it. Did he guess or is the linesman on that side?

Tbh the other linesman should have overruled if either way.

Lawrence's decision making is really poor. Makes Johnny Russell look like a Premier League player in comparison.

We looked the stronger side physically after 25 minutes. Bristol City look tired and to their credit they were holding on a bit towards the end of that half quite well.

1 minute ago, caymanram said:

Why’s the crowd so quiet ? Not an intimidating atmosphere for them at all.

They look happy to take a point and in truth we don’t seem to be playing at a high enough tempo to break them down.

Fear for a 0-1 .

COYR !?

Nerves I guess? Shame. Hopefully we can get a goal and spark them into life.

Have to agree about Russell and Lawrence, Vydra is class, Huddlestone for all his lack of pace has shown his class, Keogh his usual self, but i cant see City not having a better 2nd half ...

I said it would be a cagey affair and it is, come on Gary a good team talk and some good substitutions at the right time please :)

Good game, good half from us.

Match in the balance, Bristol dangerous enough to win it, but so are we. Nil nil.but not boring.

We defiantly got better as the half wore on, but im sure Bristol will have spells on top as well. A goal and which way it goes could completely change the complexion of the game. Big second 45 needed.

I expect Jerome and weimann on around the 70 mine mark for nuge and Lawrence.

1 minute ago, gazram80 said:

I think Lawrence is anonymous in most games tbh. Hopefully he can show the form he was in for Ipswich at some point this season 

Would get Weimann on for either of em, probably Lawrence tbh. At least Russell is getting in the danger zone even if the cows backside and banjo aren’t meeting 

Very good performance, after a slightlly slow start and gifting Paterson that chance. Looking ever stronger at the back and turning the screw up front. With Vydra's freekick, Johnny almost breaking the bar, Nugent's header off the line and a clear one-on-one if Lawrence lifts his head and passes to Nugent (very poor) it's a shame not to be ahead.

Given Fielding can't kick we have to be aware of that and chase down his own kicks but, more importantly, if a defender is taking a goalkick our forwards must be positioned halfway inside the opposition's half rather than inside our own. Disappointed they didn't adapt to that and hope Gary pints it out at half-time.

Keep it going, lads. Come on you Rams!

Edit: a missed opportunity in the first half with the Fielding kicks as he's been substituted at half-time.

Archived