Derby County F.C. v Bristol City F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, G-Ram said:

How have we not scored, everything russell has done is either a 2 out of 10 or 8 out of 10 nothing in the middle goes from looking class to sunday league 

Complete lack of composure for that last chance. Has to do better than that. That’s where he frustrates, as he’s played pretty well.

All in all we've had a good half. They started the better team but it's the same old story when a side is the 'better' of the two against us. They look more dangerous, but they don't really look like scoring. We've then kicked on and played some good stuff, it's had me on the edge of my seat for the last twenty minutes so at least it can't be called boring... I hope we come out where we left off, if the game carries on in the same manner I can only see one winner here, let's just hope we don't end up ruing the chances we've missed so far.

Well after a cagey 30 mins, we woke up. Davies is absolute class. Bar a good effort from a free kick, Russell has been woeful in front of goal. His only saving grace is Lawrence has been anonymous on the other side. But more composure up top  2 nd half please. 

part from a couple of lapses, We've looked solid. Could do with a goal though, think theyre playing abit cynically, which shows theyre a little bit scared of us when we start moving it quickly. which is when we look dangerous. Think their lad Wright is lucky not to have been cautioned. that elbow in the back of a speeding Lawrence was a yellow for cowardice alone.  

This is a real chess match.  Took us a while to adjust our play to the over fussy ref, who is not allowing much physicality

Is Gary a chess player?  Yeah probably.  Come on Rams, keep your eyes on the prize but play smart

Just now, Doodle said:

Well after a cagey 30 mins, we woke up. Davies is absolute class. Bar a good effort from a free kick, Russell has been woeful in front of goal. His only saving grace is Lawrence has been anonymous on the other side. But more composure up top  2 nd half please. 

I think Lawrence is anonymous in most games tbh. Hopefully he can show the form he was in for Ipswich at some point this season 

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

part from a couple of lapses, We've looked solid. Could do with a goal though, think theyre playing abit cynically, which shows theyre a little bit scared of us when we start moving it quickly. which is when we look dangerous. Think their lad Wright is lucky not to have been cautioned. that elbow in the back of a speeding Lawrence was a yellow for cowardice alone.  

Yeah these goal things come on handy.

I enjoyed that first half. For all Bristol City’s hard work, and I do think they are a hard working team, we only had the one lapse, Carson would have had it covered anyway ;)

Lawrence is still to convince for me but overall I was quite pleased with the last 20/25 minutes of the half. No real complaints from the East Hertfordshire correspondent. COYR.

Archived