Manchester United F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

I will be in the Stretford end with a couple of season ticket holding United pals. After what happened at Bristol I think Mourinho will play a full or close to full strength team, he loves the cups to keep his trophy count ticking over to keep criticism of his style at bay. Can't see us getting much from this and I would rather we focused on the league anyway.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we play a weakened side away vs United then I think we're a disgrace and we totally undermine the cup. Isn't the magic of the cup, going to places like Old Trafford and scraping a 1-0 smash and grab win against the odds? We have a long enough rest until the next league game, I can't see a justifiable reason to play a weakened side at all. We should be playing all fit first teamers, in my opinion.

Looking forward to this, play like we did against Sheffield united and we will get spanked. We have to press them from the off, and not let pogba dictate, easier said than done I know. Also will be interesting to see how wisdom deals with martial. I recall Christie having a torrid time against him when we last played Man Utd. They have a lot of threat in attack,but defensively they are suspect, as seen against Southampton and Burnley. 

Carson 

wisdom keogh Davies Ollson

Thorne Ledley ( if fit)

lawrence vydra  Johnson ( if fit)

Winnall 

2 hours ago, lukedcfc said:

Looking forward to this, play like we did against Sheffield united and we will get spanked. We have to press them from the off, and not let pogba dictate, easier said than done I know. Also will be interesting to see how wisdom deals with martial. I recall Christie having a torrid time against him when we last played Man Utd. They have a lot of threat in attack,but defensively they are suspect, as seen against Southampton and Burnley. 

Carson 

wisdom keogh Davies Ollson

Thorne Ledley ( if fit)

lawrence vydra  Johnson ( if fit)

Winnall 

I agree with this (not overly fussed whether Olsson or Fozzy starts at LB), but I don't think GR was playing mind games when he said Ledley was a big doubt so I think he will be replaced by Huddlestone. I think this side, if selected, will give a good account of itself. Really looking forward to it.

10 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

I agree with this (not overly fussed whether Olsson or Fozzy starts at LB), but I don't think GR was playing mind games when he said Ledley was a big doubt so I think he will be replaced by Huddlestone. I think this side, if selected, will give a good account of itself. Really looking forward to it.

I really like that team. Including Olsen, not saying he’s better but certainly quicker which will be vital against Man U’s pace. Wouldn’t mind Weimann for Lawrence though, both will be needed within the 90 mins. Let one run himself into the ground and replace with the other, same with the forwards. Give all they’ve got and replace when knackered. Just can’t wait for this one, like a kid at Xmas Got a good feeling about this one

Great to hear Rowett speak, enjoyed another wonderful press conference.....I think he said "dichotomy" on this one, but I don't think he was talking about Tommy Docherty! or maybe he was!

Oh and uttoxram75 is offering to buy another kid another pint on behalf of somebody else, it's like been back in the 70's.

20 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Great to hear Rowett speak, enjoyed another wonderful press conference.....I think he said "dichotomy" on this one, but I don't think he was talking about Tommy Docherty! or maybe he was!

Oh and uttoxram75 is offering to buy another kid another pint on behalf of somebody else, it's like been back in the 70's.

Like Gary I tend to use 1 long word every time I speak, even if I don’t fully understand it’s meaning. I think it makes me sound more photosynthetic 

“The draw was not nice to us, because we are going to play against a Premier League team. They are not Championship players, they are Premier League players. Except that Craig Forsyth guy."

Bit tough on Forsyth but nice to hear nonetheless! 

United are there for the taking. City no but United, yes.

So far this season this team of ours led by Rowett has plundered wins at the biggest clubs in the division so I don’t see why we can’t get a result at a stuttering Man U!

If we go with the right gameplsn and mentality we can 1 up Bristol City

2 hours ago, David said:

For those not wanting to click, Lukaku also starts.

Classic "Flatter to Deceive" psychology by the mind-trickster. Pay your opponents' a massive compliment on the eve of the game then watch them swagger into the Ground "as if" they own the place, knowing you're a goal up already. GR will be wise to that. He has Japanese Management Text books in the building and has read Mintzberg. :mellow:

Archived