Warburton Bread-Binned

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sage said:

'Turns out a McParland left the club on Friday, after not agreeing with the transfer policy with the club for January. They wanted to continue with the young players and the board felt we needed more experience'

I rest my case.

That surely should have been the strategy for the rest of the season for them? No way was top six a viable aim and giving the young lads experience of first team football for what’s left of the season could only have been of benefit to them. Invest in the close season and push on next season.

Actually.......has it now got to the stage where we should help them?

its like watching an incompetent neighbour trying to renovate and extend his house, then you realise that he's knocked out half of the supporting walls and the thing could come crashing down at any minute.

i suggest we lend them some help.

bent, shackell, and anya

sounds like a dodgy building firm.

1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

Put your hands up if at the time we took Rowett and they took warburton, you WANTED US to take Warburton because you thought his football philosophy more closely matched the Derby way?

Fair shout. Preferred Rowett but felt it was a close call and was extremely disappointed Warburton engineered his leaving Rangers to go there, when I always thought he was a good manager and far, far better than they had a right to appoint.

They should get a manager more in keeping with their status, whether it's King Biilly or Rednapp. What's Tim Sherwood doing nowadays?

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Fair shout. Preferred Rowett but felt it was a close call and was extremely disappointed Warburton engineered his leaving Rangers to go there, when I always thought he was a good manager and far, far better than they had a right to appoint.

They should get a manager more in keeping with their status, whether it's King Biilly or Rednapp. What's Tim Sherwood doing nowadays?

Isn’t sherwood at Swindon director of football. I could be wrong about that. Could see Gary monk going to Forrest.

33 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Actually.......has it now got to the stage where we should help them?

its like watching an incompetent neighbour trying to renovate and extend his house, then you realise that he's knocked out half of the supporting walls and the thing could come crashing down at any minute.

i suggest we lend them some help.

bent, shackell, and anya

sounds like a dodgy building firm.

We've given them Jamie Ward - that's enough

10 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

Isn’t sherwood at Swindon director of football. I could be wrong about that. Could see Gary monk going to Forrest.

Seems Sherwood were sacked when Swindon were relegated to League Two: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40278524. Who knew? Shows how much his star has fallen, but he fits the mould as another manager who talks about himself in the third person.

Monk is a similar if slightly less vocal egotist. I'm actually expecting Oscar Garcia - which would be a shame.

17 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

he signed for them on a free transfer when ward was surpless to our requirements. i dont count that as GIVING HIM TO THEM

Have you had a sense of humour bypass? You shouldn't take every comment made on a forum as being 100% fact.

3 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I'm starting to feel sorry for them, and not just to wind them up by patronising them.

I'd rather be beating them when they are least been run as a proper club. They are such a joke it takes some of the pleasure away from it.

Surely the Forest fans need to join together and protest for change, although they were happy to support that fridge fool for long enough. Nottingham people have a proud history of standing up to oppresive forces don't they ie miners strike!

I agree with you. Football supporters, of whatever club, deserve better for their gate money.

Archived