Derby County F.C. v Sheffield United F.C.

Boycie

2 minutes ago, DerpyDane said:

Didn't create a single proper chance in the second half. Not a good performance, both sides looked really knackered towards the end.

I hope Max Lowe will get his chance this year as he looked really promising when he got a run of games last season. 

Interesting thought on Lowe. Rowett said post-match that Olsson would have come in for Forsyth today had he not been ill. Given Lowe's been playing in the U23s maybe he should have come in.

Was a good, honest appraisal and interview. Ended saying Friday is a nice game for us to have and I think that's right. A free hit away from the pressure of the league.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now far be it for me to suggest anything other than 100% commitment. But seeing as they are eleven human beings playing the game out there, with the small matter of a visit to OT imminent is it not unreasonable to suggest several players will have the game on their mind. It’s not crime of the century to want to stay fit for such an occasion...... just a thought 

1 minute ago, eddie said:

Any chance of a summary for us deaf dudes?

basically said that he thought that we deserved to lose on balance, so happy with the point. disappointed with the goal and the defending for the goal... but all in all happy with the xmas period - seems to say that there will be some changes on Friday, and that he's looking forward to a little bit of rest between united game and the next league game.

Weren't at our best today by any means, but in the grand scheme of things a point gained over Cardiff and even if Bristol does win and go up till second, obviously still in great shape at this stage.

Hope everyone is having a good new year and as always COYR.

Today I thought Davies played well. I am not sure why Johnson got the nod above Thorne and Forsyth makes the odd mistake apart from that we had an off day. Sheff Utd did better than I expected. They either played out of their skins or they have had some real bad results lately. Glad we have got Man U next week to take our minds off the league for a week. 

Not much to say there really although you can’t blame attackers today - the wing backs and midfielders were just kicking and passing it anywhere ... very poor from professional football players. A Russell pass in the second half was one of the worst I’ve seen at this level. 

Exhausting to watch one team play today and us be so random. Was so sad about it I wanted to cry. Seriously. We took giving corners away to a new level today and we paid the price. And as for the subs: Winnall meh, love Thorne but boy that was as unimpressive as I’ve seen from him - looked buggered - and Martin, well, I think I’ve overrated him and his fan club I’m sure will say he’s lost motivation or something. Either way, he can’t cut it.

rowett must be frustrated 

1 minute ago, eddie said:

Any chance of a summary for us deaf dudes?

Basically said he was always worried that this might be a tricky game with some tired legs. Olson would have played if fit- Fozzy looked leggy. Look at the overall picture. We were fortunate to get a point, not at our best, so not disappointed. Accepts that fans will be disappointed but overall he is taking the positives. We didn’t play well. Very poor defending for the goal. Johnno maybe not fully fit. Looking forward to Utd game, no pressure, a few changes to give certain players a rest, but not taking it lightly.

That’s the gist. A good honest assessment I thought. Got the impression we won’t really go for it at Utd. I am ok with that, view as a distraction....league the priority. 

9 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Frustrating decisions from Rowett. He shouldn't have dropped Winnall, it's no way to reward a player who scored a brace at Portman Road and his replacement in Nugent was invisible. I don't understand why he's so stubborn with this Johnson/Huddlestone combo, it quite simply doesn't work and his lost us a good number of points this season. I understand 2 games in such a short time might be difficult for Thorne but Johnson clearly isn't fit either, would have rather started Thorne and brought Johnson on later if he was struggling. His substitutes today were also far, far too slow. 

That said they were a very good side and similarly to Hull away, this will probably be looked back as a point won. We've come away with something after being outplayed completely and everyone around us lost so we have gained something. Let's enjoy Friday and start building some more momentum against brum.

Just to remind you Nugent scored a brace in his last game Your right though Sheff U are a good side and we've managed two lucky points against them and Hull  Think we still need to bring a midfielder in a couple of injuries and we struggle as per today 

PistoldPete2

We played terrible football in the second half , hoof ball all the time. We still seem to be doing better away than at home but a point will have to do, more than Cardiff got I spose.

Poor today. They had a lot more energy. Very disappointed that Gary didn't make some changes when they were on top in that second half, it was like we was just waiting for them to score. 

Forsyth very poor, really think we need a new left back this window. 

Deserved to lose, so deffo take a point. 

Thought the ref made a massive howler in our favour today......

Fair result, game petered out after they equalised. Not going to pick on any players today. 8 points from 4 games over Christmas and New Year. 

They do say 2 points per game is promotion.....

Believe guys.

A very difficult point at the end of a run of 4 potentially tricky games in 10 days. 

Have to string a couple of wins together soon mind just to keep us ticking over in the auto spots. 

If you’d offered me our current position at the beginning of December I’d have snapped your hand off. 

Disappointing.

third time we have come up against 352 at home. Wolves won. Reading won. Sheffield united should have won.

we don't seem to learn. Three central defenders nullify our lone striker. 5 in midfield between our 2 and 3 just seem to take over.

Too slow to make the subs. But we looked far better with george and with two up front.

winnall looked lively. Poor old chris looked despondent. 

Still....it could turn out to be a good point.

I'll take that point and move on. Weren't at our best, Sheff Utd plays well I thought; pinned us back with power and strength and I've not seen our centre halves get less success in the air all season, although with the amount of set pieces they had I thought they coped well.

On the flip side we had more of the chances. Weimann's shot sneaks in or he pulls it back for Vyds and I think we go on to win.

OK we didn't play much football, especially last 15, but we dug in and didn't lose...cracking Christmas period on the whole. by any standard. If Villa can get a result off Brizzle, today looks a good point.

Archived