Derby County F.C. v Sheffield United F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Disappointing.

third time we have come up against 352 at home. Wolves won. Reading won. Sheffield united should have won.

we don't seem to learn. Three central defenders nullify our lone striker. 5 in midfield between our 2 and 3 just seem to take over.

Too slow to make the subs. But we looked far better with george and with two up front.

winnall looked lively. Poor old chris looked despondent. 

Still....it could turn out to be a good point.

Very good point on the formation. I think Rowett mentioned in the post match interview that 352 is a difficult system to play against (presumably if you play a 4231). Surely no coincidence that the three sides we have struggled against all play that formation.

7 minutes ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

Very good point on the formation. I think Rowett mentioned in the post match interview that 352 is a difficult system to play against (presumably if you play a 4231). Surely no coincidence that the three sides we have struggled against all play that formation.

Don't know why we never try it tbh

PistoldPete2
53 minutes ago, David said:

Rowett said he is "hopeful" both Ledley and Lawrence will be ready for Friday

I am hopeful they dont play on Friday so they will defintely be fit for our next League game.

Such a disappointing performance but got out of jail and got a point from it. Thought Carson could have done better for their goal and come and claimed it but I will forgive him his first mistake for quite some time.

Davies had a good game against Donaldson I thought and thought Jonno did alright personally. Put some good balls to the front men,  more so than Hudds did.

villa doing us a favour also, as long as they don't catch us!!

That was a horrible throwback to how it was at the start of the season. I hope for Johnson's sake and the team's he never plays as a defensive midfielder for us again as he's far better forward. He becomes half the player when put at defensive midfield because he knows he can't impose himself physically, which makes him half the player, as he knows the consequences of being rash are far greater than they would be if he played at left midfield. I hope people can see how important Ledley and Lawrence are to the team. Lawrence is often double marked which means there is more space for the other players(plus allows weimann to play at right midfield). Ledley gives us defensive awareness in the middle of the park as has a great understanding of the game.

Just now, Gandalf's shin pads said:

So what happened to "horses for courses"?

If you are expecting a team to play a certain way that will frustrate your usual formation then why would you not set up to counter that?

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Don't dislike you at all.

Just think you are like a broken record on the Martin point. 

You seem to think every game is the perect situation for him, even though it appears you don't even attend the matches to form that opinion. 

Vydra and Nugent have been fantastic for us this season, Winnall a brilliant impact sub for us. Yet all you go on about is Martin.

Firstly I'm a fan of Martin and his gameplay....I think he brings a skillset to the table that the other strikers,which I also admire for their differing abilities,don't have...he brings control to games which the others can't.Thats not required for every game tho,which is why I'm also a big fan of Nugent and winnal.

But when I feel Martin us the better option,I'll state it on here...that's my right and I certainly won't be apologising  to you or anyone else for it.If you don't like that,that's up to you....as I said,ignore me if it bothers you so much.

Secondly,I don't go to matches?....I've been to ten home matches this season which isn't bad when I work a ten week,24 hour shift pattern....I wasn't aware that it was a requirement to attend any matches whatsoever to comment on the games but I like to think I do my bit...how many have you managed?

I know it's hard to believe but others have opinions that are just as valid as yours and just because they aren't what you want to hear doesn't disqualify them from being ardent rams fans too.

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Blimey seeing whats happending to Bristol City this isnt such a bad result today for the Rams after all

Can you imagine what this board would be like if we had copped a 5-goal mauling at the hands of anybody? There would be renewed calls for Rowett's head - to say nothing about other parts of his anatomy.

Just now, eddie said:

Can you imagine what this board would be like if we had copped a 5-goal mauling at the hands of anybody? There would be renewed calls for Rowett's head - to say nothing about other parts of his anatomy.

Hard to believe how well the competitors games have gone for us today....does make you wonder if we are actually in favour with the gods for once.

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Ok then..... must have been me who spotted the referees mistake preceding the penalty incident.....

Causality being what it is, there is no way of predicting how it affected the result in the slightest. We might have run out winning comfortably - or been on the wrong end of a hiding.

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Firstly I'm a fan of Martin and his gameplay....I think he brings a skillset to the table that the other strikers,which I also admire for their differing abilities,don't have...he brings control to games which the others can't.Thats not required for every game tho,which is why I'm also a big fan of Nugent.

But when I feel Martin us the better option,I'll state it on here...that's my right and I certainly won't be apologising g to you or anyone else for it.If you don't like that,that's up to you....as I said,ignore me if it bothers you so much.

Secondly,I don't go to matches?....I've been to ten home matches this season which isn't bad when I work a ten week,24 hour shift pattern....I wasn't aware that it was a requirement to attend any matches whatsoever to comment on the games but I like to think I do my bit...how many have you managed?

I know it's hard to believe but others have opinions that are just as valid as yours and just because they aren't what you want to hear doesn't disqualify them from being ardent rams fans.

I'm also a Martin fan. Think he's a very good player at this level. However, we are currently second top scorers (I think) in the division so I don't see why people are calling for him at every opportunity.

I also find it strange that people can not be at a match yet still conclude 'this match is perfect for....'. Just my opinion.

I am a season ticket holder, have been for 30 years, however, I don't think makes my opinions any more valid than yours. And I certainly don't expect anyone to apologise to me for their views.

I actually didn't make todays match hence I don't think I can really say whether Martin would have made any difference. Certainly from what I heard on the radio  (that we were losing the battle in midfield) I would find it hard to come to that conclusion though.

I stayed sober yesterday, so I might enjoy our cementing our top 2 today even more so.

Only 2 bottles of Jackhammer all night.

Pissed now though, that was shi-ite.

Never mind though, I'll take a point from a poor performance all day long, and I didn't think we ever looked like losing.

The fella next to me cooked off when Martin came on, couldn't hold back on telling him he's scored 60 goals for the club, a.nd to show some respect.

Was scrap, mind.

Archived