Ipswich Town F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really pleasing first half. The only disappointment is the amount we're leading. Based on our dominance and chances, 3-0 is probably a fair reflection and that's what it quite easily could have been with slightly better finishing.

They've given us one scare. Carson came for a corner, got nowhere near it and Lawrence cleared off the line. They are strong from set-pieces and at 1-0, it's always going to be dangerous. I hope we come out exactly how we left off instead of trying to be more defensive. We can definitely get another to make the game a little more comfortable.

11 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

No disrespect to Ledley, who's been a real leader and made a difference since he came in but the Huddlestone/Thorne combination gives us that same defensive solidity with much more ball playing ability.

And I think you can tell from how we've started today

It looked really good first 45.  

Not Chris Martin's biggest fan but not sure why people are so sure he will go. Vydra and Nugent have earned the right to be first choice. I felt Winnall was a better option today as replacement but other times I'd have Martin as the man...and when we are 1 up I'd always look to bring him on as he is calm and collected. He's going to be a regular for a team pushing for the Premier League...I'd hope he would stay and fight for his place.

Archived