We're coming after you Wolves

B4ev6is

I stuck my money on Derby to be promoted before a ball was kicked because I believed we had one of the most championship experienced squads with quality ( a lot on here believed we will finish 8-14th) but my regret was having watched wolves when they played us was that I didn’t back them for the league as they were 12-1 after we played them.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

I'll be very interested to see how some of their more recent imports deal with having no winter break like they do on the continent. Fatigue and various niggles could come into play and give us a chance.

Wishful thinking Podgey  ?

3 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

I'll be very interested to see how some of their more recent imports deal with having no winter break like they do on the continent. Fatigue and various niggles could come into play and give us a chance.

They won't like a cold muddy night in Barnsley, hardly the Algarve even with two pairs of gloves.

On 12/18/2017 at 09:39, David said:

On December 18th 2015, Burnley were 8 points off top, they finished the season 4 points clear at the top. 

That memorable 13/14 season, on this day we were 4th in the table, 5 points off top and 2 points off Leicester who were in 3rd. Leicester went on to win the league with a 9 point gap on 2nd, we finished 17 points behind them!

Since B4 started this thread less than a month ago we have closed the gap by 2 points to 10. Whilst I understand why some would ridicule B4 in that he predicts this every season regardless of where we are, it's not entirely unrealistic or unthinkable, possibly less so than it was a month ago admittedly.

Yes Wolves look strong, so have others at this point who have gone on to pick up injuries, suspensions and lost momentum. 

Whilst I won't be jumping on his we're going to win the league hype train, I won't declare the Championship done and dusted before Santa's been either.

Actually, I'll raise you by one. After the Boxing Day, 2015, 3-0 defeat at Hull, Burnley were NINE points off the top in 5th place. Derby were top with 47 points. With a superior goal difference, the Rams were effectively 10 points clear of the Clarets.

But after Dec 26, Burnley managed a 23-match unbeaten run until the end of the season (16 wins and 7 draws). The 55 points enabled them to overhaul Derby, Boro, Hull and Brighton.

Good luck to the Rams if they can emulate this 23-match unbeaten run and overhaul Wolves.:)

3 minutes ago, Grantona said:

Actually, I'll raise you by one. After the Boxing Day, 2015, 3-0 defeat at Hull, Burnley were NINE points off the top in 5th place. Derby were top with 47 points. With a superior goal difference, the Rams were effectively 10 points clear of the Clarets.

But after Dec 26, Burnley managed a 23-match unbeaten run until the end of the season (16 wins and 7 draws). The 55 points enabled them to overhaul Derby, Boro, Hull and Brighton.

Good luck to the Rams if they can emulate this 23-match unbeaten run and overhaul Wolves.:)

060AF10C-9DAA-419D-87B2-48C326DC1E1F.png

I'm not that bothered about catching Wolves - let them have the limelight. - pressure etc

I think 2nd place is doable - and keep going  - out of the spotlight for me.

Still convinced that Cardiff and Bristol will do a wobble

if we keep doing clean sheets every game - we know we can score goals at this level - and we have a few players that are starting banging them in - looking good i reckon

I don’t think we’ll catch Wolves for the simple reason they won’t drop enough points.

They haven’t been playing that well recently but have still got results. When they’re back on form they will take some beating.

I also worry about our return fixtures against Bristol City and Reading, both of whom have quick midfielders who can pass around our lumbering giants.

Could need 54 points from 24 games to get top 2

win 3 out of 4 to the end of the season?

over the past 14 games we have 9w 3d 2L so we would need to do even better than that,

over the past 12 we have 9w 1d 2L which would be good enough.

But to do it we need wins and must not be tempted to settle for draws (especially away) which might imply a change to a more attacking philosophy.

big ask.

One game at a time , tomorrow is a classic banana skin that Derby leap on with gusto , there will be fire works , brass bands , Banners with 'We are going to beat 'Millwall' being handed out , and that chump on the Mic shouting come on what will you do this evening when we have beaten Millwall 

Wheres the Bookies I need to put a bet on :ph34r:

Archived