We're coming after you Wolves

B4ev6is

8 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

Of course we can with Batty Vydra, Andre Wisden and Craig Short Leg - and there's always a slip in Keogh ??

Wow that quite a vydra revelation

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not so sure Wolves are over the hill just yet. Key players are foreigners, playing first time in England. It's different. No mid season break. Bitterly cold matches in northern England. Who knows how they'll handle that. 

Yesterday may have been the first to taste they had. Zero degrees match in Sunderland against 10 men... Couldn't win. 

8 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I'm not so sure Wolves are over the hill just yet. Key players are foreigners, playing first time in England. It's different. No mid season break. Bitterly cold matches in northern England. Who knows how they'll handle that. 

Yesterday may have been the first to taste they had. Zero degrees match in Sunderland against 10 men... Couldn't win. 

Why do people still believe this? People said the same thing about Rafa's Newcastle and Wagner's Huddersfield but it never came true in the end. Anyway Wolves still have their fair share of British players. It's scary how good they must be if  Costa only makes the bench 

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Why do people still believe this? People said the same thing about Rafa's Newcastle and Wagner's Huddersfield but it never came true in the end. Anyway Wolves still have their fair share of British players. It's scary how good they must be if  Costa only makes the bench 

Wolves are darn good and will strengthen in January but spot number two is open to the team who keep clean sheets and have lots of players who can score goals and we are definitely one of those.

Just now, Sparkle said:

Wolves are darn good and will strengthen in January but spot number two is open to the team who keep clean sheets and have lots of players who can score goals and we are definitely one of those.

Absolutely, top spot is gone as far as I'm concerned but we have a chance of catching Cardiff. They don't hammer teams and teams are always in the game against them so hopefully their luck will change. Plus we still gotta play them at our place! It's Bristol city I'm more worried about because they have shown no signs of slowing down!

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Other people may have said that about Newcastle and Huddersfield... But I didn't!

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Absolutely, top spot is gone as far as I'm concerned but we have a chance of catching Cardiff. They don't hammer teams and teams are always in the game against them so hopefully their luck will change. Plus we still gotta play them at our place! It's Bristol city I'm more worried about because they have shown no signs of slowing down!

They are getting a lot of nice runs of results  but they are actually very weak up front in many ways currently from what I see but they do have money and may well strengthen in January but when you look at our forward options of Martin nugent Vydra winnall Bent and Russell and wieman who are both converted forward/widemen then other teams utterly fear our forwards.

5 hours ago, McLovin said:

No chance of getting above Cardiff as they just know how to win games , only hope is if wolves crumble a wee bit but going by experience I know who is more likely to crumble , although my ante post bets for the league could do with both wolves and Cardiff stumbling but I just don’t see it although I hope I’m wrong 

As I said earlier in previous posts our good form has got us to 4th and given us daylight between teams beneath us.

BUT

The teams above us have scored points at the same rate, thus Tibbs is right we arent gaining on Wolves or Cardiff for that matter.

Twtd.co.uk, ipswichs fans page lets you create form tables based on any last number of games, or any date range.

This will show you ur form being very similar to that of bristol city wolves and cardiff.

9 hours ago, McLovin said:

Bristol City had a lot of luck against Sheffield Utd and Cardiff have an awkward looking game at Reading on Monday. Both can be caught as we play both at home during the second half of the season. Derby have to strengthen and be a bit more consistent.

Archived