PPS Development

Mihangel

8 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

I'm enjoying the random 'people in a crowd' inserted into the photo.

There's a man right in the middle with a Ram superimposed on a white shirt, wearing what appears to be a black skirt, grey trainers and black socks... anyone owning up to that outfit?

Rammie's there, obvs.

Plus a little boy carrying a ball, who looks lost. A little girl with a Rams parasol. Someone carrying loads of balloons. And someone pushing a pram. Looks like Mel is expecting further demographic changes in the make-up of the average football crowd.

PrideParkImage1PNG.png

Also, if the weathers that good for a dude to be wearing shorts, how come another kid is carrying an umbrella??!?!?!?

I wonder what the two guys at the far right, staring up at the sky are gorming at???  A flying banner from the Red Dogs saying "Your grounds to nice for you"

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Also, if the weathers that good for a dude to be wearing shorts, how come another kid is carrying an umbrella??!?!?!?

You never seen umbrellas at the beach? Use them for shade as well as rain, come on, think about it

20 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

There's a man right in the middle with a Ram superimposed on a white shirt, wearing what appears to be a black skirt, grey trainers and black socks... anyone owning up to that outfit?

Rammie's there, obvs.

Plus a little boy carrying a ball, who looks lost. A little girl with a Rams parasol. Someone carrying loads of balloons. And someone pushing a pram. Looks like Mel is expecting further demographic changes in the make-up of the average football crowd.

PrideParkImage1PNG.png

Is that @StockholmRam parked right outside the entrance?

1 hour ago, AutoWindscreens said:

Rammie's there, obvs.

PrideParkImage1PNG.png

How happy would you be to see the family that sit in front of you buying those balloons for their kids?

If he starts selling them, I'm standing next to him selling pins.

5 minutes ago, ossieram said:

How happy would you be to see the family that sit in front of you buying those balloons for their kids?

If he starts selling them, I'm standing next to him selling pins.

Fill them full of laughing gas, for a better match day experience. 

I think that the design is very superficial and gimmicky - the 'structural'elements are just for show. They certainly aren't supporting anything.

but the idea of developing the concourses is welcome.

not sure about all those steps either. 

it will interesting to see whether away fans will start shoving folk down them.

I think it would prevent future expansion of the east stand.

Stunning architecture that will transform the ground, making it different from the other cheapish grounds built around the same time and a real stand out. Some terrible photoshopping on those images, especially all the fake flags. But the way it alludes to the Ram badge and looks very 21st century is very well done.

Huge thanks to Mel if he gets this through and does this. What an incredible legacy he will be leaving the club. Agree with @angieramthat the front already looks good, so the idea of building in the East Stand is excellent. I'll be trying the Yard pre-match in a couple of weeks to see what sort of feel that gives by the ground, but basically the more choice the better in the modern era. The Brunny will always be a great pre-match spot, but sometimes it's good to meet people in a different environment by the ground.

Looks promising.

Curl them black supports into the Rams horn shape, stick a Thornebridge bar in there, other independent outlets, plenty of seating and I might never go home!

One further suggestion to make it perfect, a travelator running along the river from the bus station, with a stop near the Brunny, to the ground would be great.

As long as it had serving points along the way, obviously.

12 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Looks promising.

Curl them black supports into the Rams horn shape, stick a Thornebridge bar in there, other independent outlets, plenty of seating and I might never go home!

One further suggestion to make it perfect, a travelator running along the river from the bus station, with a stop near the Brunny, to the ground would be great.

As long as it had serving points along the way, obviously.

In all seriousness, there should be a Thornebridge and Derby Brewing Company and other similar style bars. These types of companies are real local success stories. A bit like Mel himself. I bet they'd love the mutual showcasing of product and placement. 

Plus let's get the local food offerings too. Derby is a county club and has a proud and rich offering of ales and grub. There could still be all the generic 'international brands' too but I know from visiting Derby that a lot of folk like a real beer / lager and cob / pie etc. Local ingredients are used for regular fayre and fine dining too so the scope of market is vast. Theres something for everyone. 

Hard to beat the Brunny esque real pub feel though. But that's just me. I'm proud to bring folk down to Derby for a match and show em the Brunny and Alex. Gives them a flavour of Derby(shire), where I'm from and who I am. For me Derby County is a proper beer type of club. We ain't no chemical fizz.

As for the travelator, I have to disagree. Surely Mel should build a maglev. Town-Brunny-PP. Fully licensed obviously. That said, in Hong Kong they really do have escalator / travelator style walkways a few km's long with bars along the way where you can just step on and off when you want a drink / food. And they have a canopy too in case it rains. 

Back to reality, a bit different but at Brighton they have local produce / beer in the ground and make a real effort in that respect. And they also stock the away end with beer from your region. Class.

37 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

In all seriousness, there should be a Thornebridge and Derby Brewing Company and other similar style bars. These types of companies are real local success stories. A bit like Mel himself. I bet they'd love the mutual showcasing of product and placement. 

Plus let's get the local food offerings too. Derby is a county club and has a proud and rich offering of ales and grub. There could still be all the generic 'international brands' too but I know from visiting Derby that a lot of folk like a real beer / lager and cob / pie etc. Local ingredients are used for regular fayre and fine dining too so the scope of market is vast. Theres something for everyone. 

Hard to beat the Brunny esque real pub feel though. But that's just me. I'm proud to bring folk down to Derby for a match and show em the Brunny and Alex. Gives them a flavour of Derby(shire), where I'm from and who I am. For me Derby County is a proper beer type of club. We ain't no chemical fizz.

As for the travelator, I have to disagree. Surely Mel should build a maglev. Town-Brunny-PP. Fully licensed obviously. That said, in Hong Kong they really do have escalator / travelator style walkways a few km's long with bars along the way where you can just step on and off when you want a drink / food. And they have a canopy too in case it rains. 

Back to reality, a bit different but at Brighton they have local produce / beer in the ground and make a real effort in that respect. And they also stock the away end with beer from your region. Class.

Brighton was the place that sprung to mind, they make a real effort at keeping  supporters behind after a game, while the queue for the train dies down, something similar at PP would be welcome.

5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Brighton was the place that sprung to mind, they make a real effort at keeping  supporters behind after a game, while the queue for the train dies down, something similar at PP would be welcome.

And it works too. Their stewards and barnen are outstanding. Stayed for a couple of hours after the game a few years back and they couldn't have been more hospitable. Made the day a real belter and as a result I only have good things to say about Brighton. Met a load of their fans in the Brunny before the play off 2nd leg and they were great lads too. For such a pressurised vital match it was great to mix with oppo fans and have a beer and a chat. Top club and I was pleased when they went up. I hope to visit the Amex next year!

Its a shame they cant do what they do in Germany.

Build thick sold fence structures much further away from the walls of the stadum, build the turnstiles into them.

Then you have loads of smoking areas, bars, food fans, dj/music stages, anythijng else you want for the fan experience, all without being in the crowded concourses, but in the area only the paying fan with a ticket can get into.

Pretty sure during the olympics, the olympic stadium had its food courts technically outside the stadium, but within the confines of the actual turnstile gates.

9 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Its a shame they cant do what they do in Germany.

Build thick sold fence structures much further away from the walls of the stadum, build the turnstiles into them.

Then you have loads of smoking areas, bars, food fans, dj/music stages, anythijng else you want for the fan experience, all without being in the crowded concourses, but in the area only the paying fan with a ticket can get into.

Pretty sure during the olympics, the olympic stadium had its food courts technically outside the stadium, but within the confines of the actual turnstile gates.

Never seen the benefit/appeal of that. Would rather it's by the ground but outside than within a turnstile area. Surely that would make it a lot less inviting/welcoming for those times when there's no match on?

Archived