PPS Development

Mihangel

27 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Its a shame they cant do what they do in Germany.

Build thick sold fence structures much further away from the walls of the stadum, build the turnstiles into them.

Then you have loads of smoking areas, bars, food fans, dj/music stages, anythijng else you want for the fan experience, all without being in the crowded concourses, but in the area only the paying fan with a ticket can get into.

Pretty sure during the olympics, the olympic stadium had its food courts technically outside the stadium, but within the confines of the actual turnstile gates.

I've been to Hertha Berlin and it's fantastic and stunning. It's own 12 platform train station bringing fans in from all over Berlin and then beer / food / fan parks galore. Then there's the stadium, location and history. Amazing.

It makes PP look like the City Ground ;)

If I was a billionaire, I'd develop PP into a BBG, Hertha, Bayern, Brunny hybrid. 

Sort of...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

That looks GOOD!!

POSITIVE PLANNING !!

Wonder what will happen to the commemorative bricks that have been there since the stadium was built ?

Think someone on here mentioned DCFC are planning on a sort of memorial garden somewhere around the ground where I assume the bricks would be moved to. Just a guess mind

It's a great idea and I like it a lot.

That said, we need to make it uniquely Derby County.

It would be a shame if it was merely to be a sort of modern day "sterile" corporate-bland, restaurant-extravaganza like modern day "souless" shopping centres. How about selling quality real ale (isn't Derby reputed to be real ale capital of England?) and top quality pies like they do at Brighton that is value for money rather than sky high, otherwise it will just be a posh empty space that doesn't get frequented.  

15 hours ago, RamNut said:

I think that the design is very superficial and gimmicky - the 'structural'elements are just for show. They certainly aren't supporting anything.

but the idea of developing the concourses is welcome.

not sure about all those steps either. 

it will interesting to see whether away fans will start shoving folk down them.

I think it would prevent future expansion of the east stand.

So overall you like it then?

:ph34r:

Like the idea of a ground floor and second floor.

The Steps into the second floor is a health and safety nightmare in my opinion and will be shelved for a steady ramp.

Would like to know how far out this protrudes - do we lose the road and have they considered what will happen to getting buses into the designated area (May sound petty but police will intervene here for sure)

Positive news though the club is looking to improve the stadium.

16 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Also, if the weathers that good for a dude to be wearing shorts, how come another kid is carrying an umbrella??!?!?!?

I wonder what the two guys at the far right, staring up at the sky are gorming at???  A flying banner from the Red Dogs saying "Your grounds to nice for you"

Never mind any of them, what about the guy in between the mum and the kid with the umbrella that has no legs and is floating mid air?

12 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Would like to know how far out this protrudes - do we lose the road and have they considered what will happen to getting buses into the designated area (May sound petty but police will intervene here for sure)

I think I read that it's just the parking area that will be lost.

I think that it's good that there are different areas ie a fan park and a sports bar as a group of lads in their 20s, a family and and couple in their 70s want different things.

As others have said, I hope it's not all bland, brand heavy outlets and local quality suppliers and companies are given priority.    

Archived