PPS Development

Mihangel

19 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

What a good proposal this is!

East Stand will be the place to be on matchdays. Not sure if anyone has looked at the plans, but there would be 3 entrances directly into the East Stand so at half time, that would be your concourse.

This is the internal plan which shows what I mean. Big screens, choice of food places, bars, big glazed atrium. Will be fantastic.

PPS 1.png

PPS 2.png

This offers some great details. So the concourse would be split in two and you can access the second floor from the stands too. Very impressive. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Looks promising.

Curl them black supports into the Rams horn shape, stick a Thornebridge bar in there, other independent outlets, plenty of seating and I might never go home!

One further suggestion to make it perfect, a travelator running along the river from the bus station, with a stop near the Brunny, to the ground would be great.

As long as it had serving points along the way, obviously.

Strongly in favour of the Thornbridge beer idea.

But will GR have any say "in the building" of the development? :mellow:

Is anyone saying its a bad idea to have somewhere warm, inviting and serving beer/food, showing football before and after the game? Even if they wouldn't use it..surely they can see it will help stop the mad panic to leave the ground ten minutes early. Personally I'd love to get there early and settle down to a few locally brewed pints in an inviting environment.

In fact...its so obviously makes sense my question would be how are we able to make it work when clearly financially it has been prohibitive previously to have pubs and food outlets etc that for 13 days out of 14 are potentially empty...???

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Is anyone saying its a bad idea to have somewhere warm, inviting and serving beer/food, showing football before and after the game? Even if they wouldn't use it..surely they can see it will help stop the mad panic to leave the ground ten minutes early. Personally I'd love to get there early and settle down to a few locally brewed pints in an inviting environment.

In fact...its so obviously makes sense my question would be how are we able to make it work when clearly financially it has been prohibitive previously to have pubs and food outlets etc that for 13 days out of 14 are potentially empty...???

The concourse already sells beer and food shows footie on TV and is pretty warm. And yes if we are going to see more pubs and restaurants in the Pride Park area I would prefer to see facilities that serve the other businesses as well , there's 10,000 people working at Pride Park and they are not well served with facilities. I think the Plaza idea was better but maybe that won't happen now for many years if at all. 

23 hours ago, Ellafella said:

It's a great idea and I like it a lot.

That said, we need to make it uniquely Derby County.

It would be a shame if it was merely to be a sort of modern day "sterile" corporate-bland, restaurant-extravaganza like modern day "souless" shopping centres. How about selling quality real ale (isn't Derby reputed to be real ale capital of England?) and top quality pies like they do at Brighton that is value for money rather than sky high, otherwise it will just be a posh empty space that doesn't get frequented.  

It will most definitely be frequented.

I assume it will be open on non matchdays.

I agree with others about making it locally themed as much as possible, food, ale etc, get RollsRoyce, Bombardier, Toyota involved, bit of a Derby industrial history display alongside Peak District stuff on the walls. Railway pics of the old Chaddesden sidings that once stood on the site (with a box of tissues for @Boycie )

Plenty of stuff for Mel to create a lasting amenity for the city and a unique feel to the stadium.

29 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I assume it will be open on non matchdays.

I agree with others about making it locally themed as much as possible, food, ale etc, get RollsRoyce, Bombardier, Toyota involved, bit of a Derby industrial history display alongside Peak District stuff on the walls. Railway pics of the old Chaddesden sidings that once stood on the site (with a box of tissues for @Boycie )

Plenty of stuff for Mel to create a lasting amenity for the city and a unique feel to the stadium.

This sounds great and I’m all for it, but would away fans be allowed in on match days. 

We already know how great Derby is, it’s more important we let the away fans know. 

16 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

This sounds great and I’m all for it, but would away fans be allowed in on match days. 

We already know how great Derby is, it’s more important we let the away fans know. 

Surely some space for DCFC memorabilia? How about a permanent home for the DCFC memorabilia that was shown at the cinema the other year? How about the fans park having a user group/committee to ensure it has a consultative/participation approach?

29 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

It’s not the prettiest design and looks really just stuck on the side, but a great idea in general as long as they get good restaurants and bars in there and not the usual tat. 

Much better than wasting the money on expanding the capacity too

The units look quite small and the dcfc bar at first floor has very little space in front of the bar.

Looks like a student project.

22 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Nando’s my arse, their foods fowl. Over priced too.

Their food is fowl.. especially the chicken pir piri.

2 hours ago, philmycock said:

Love a Nando’s, don’t think it’s that expensive, I’m sure I only paid a poultry amount last time I went.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Far better than anything you get at KFC, they serve poultry portions.

GetOut!

• 2 weeks later...

Having been round Belper Food and Ale Festival (like a semi-drunken farmers market) today, it struck me that pop-up bars and temporary food stalls could easily be arranged in the fanzone that won't be open to the public in the week. 

The joy of throwing a Chilli and Lime Scotch Egg at a linesman!

Archived