PPS Development

Mihangel

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer this to the other development which has now been shelved as I like the front of the stadium as it is.

We are meeting friends at a future match and would have loved somewhere close by to go after the game to have a coffee and chat about the football. We aren't match-day drinkers and are all driving so somewhere like this would be great. 

The architect's graphics always make me chuckle - full of bright skinny young things on a warm sunny day! No kids, no old folk, no fatties.  Obviously never been anywhere near Pride Park on a match-day!!  :lol:

It would be a great addition IMO - and clearly Mel sees what needs improving and is planning to address it. I hope it goes ahead.

I don't personally like the design, with all the sharp corners & black rib things but, assuming it remains that way, will probably grow on me.

4 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Would this put a stop to any increase in capacity of the East stand if it was ever needed?

I hope not, despite our recent attendance. Seems to me like this structure is designed to accommodate future expansion. Also, “Because of the changing nature and ambitions of the club, the Unity Plaza Scheme will not be proceeding in its approved form. The club wishes to take the opportunity to provide equivalent facilities in the new extension to the East Stand.” I wonder what they are planning for the other side then. 

2 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Surely if we're ever close to "needing" an increase in capacity, they'd want to extend the south stand, wouldn't they?

I think the plan was to build the other 3 stands up to the same height as the west stand in one go rather than stand by stand.

5 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

The intention is to increase it via safe standing first. 

Does that actually increase capacity considering everyone still has a numbered rail or whatever?

Archived