PPS Development

Mihangel

5 hours ago, sage said:

Having been round Belper Food and Ale Festival (like a semi-drunken farmers market) today, it struck me that pop-up bars and temporary food stalls could easily be arranged in the fanzone that won't be open to the public in the week. 

The joy of throwing a Chilli and Lime Scotch Egg at a linesman!

What a £3 a go?

I think you ought to be west stand, what what?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/11/2017 at 20:17, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Far better than anything you get at KFC, they serve poultry portions.

Why not Nandos and a KFC?..  breast of both worlds

On 23/11/2017 at 20:17, Tim Bucktoo said:

In all seriousness, there should be a Thornebridge and Derby Brewing Company and other similar style bars. These types of companies are real local success stories. A bit like Mel himself. I bet they'd love the mutual showcasing of product and placement. 

Plus let's get the local food offerings too. Derby is a county club and has a proud and rich offering of ales and grub. There could still be all the generic 'international brands' too but I know from visiting Derby that a lot of folk like a real beer / lager and cob / pie etc. Local ingredients are used for regular fayre and fine dining too so the scope of market is vast. Theres something for everyone. 

Hard to beat the Brunny esque real pub feel though. But that's just me. I'm proud to bring folk down to Derby for a match and show em the Brunny and Alex. Gives them a flavour of Derby(shire), where I'm from and who I am. For me Derby County is a proper beer type of club. We ain't no chemical fizz.

As for the travelator, I have to disagree. Surely Mel should build a maglev. Town-Brunny-PP. Fully licensed obviously. That said, in Hong Kong they really do have escalator / travelator style walkways a few km's long with bars along the way where you can just step on and off when you want a drink / food. And they have a canopy too in case it rains. 

Back to reality, a bit different but at Brighton they have local produce / beer in the ground and make a real effort in that respect. And they also stock the away end with beer from your region. Class.

There's nowt like a Bakewell Tart.

Archived