Fair weather fans

Curtains

14 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Probably the same proportion in respective context as all teams.

Please dont confuse low(er) attendances, some folk not enjoying games, some folk enjoying games, league tables and performances equating to being fairweather or loyal.

If I go to <10 games per year and listen ont radio most of the time, doesn't make me or anyone else a fairwesther fan. That's whether I enjoy what's on offer or not.

Loyalty and dedication can be appreciated and demonstrated in lots of ways - it's not exclusively for those who go to most games (most of these live around Derby and I wish I could go more often / admire / am jealous those who travel long distances to do so).

I bet no-one would have an issue with David's loyalty, dedication or call him fairweather. And rightly so! Without this forum I'd be bored and disengaged with the Rams in many ways. 

But I get the feeling from some of those who are more content with the current situation (and I won't call them happy clappers as it's rude and disingenuous) that some of us who are critical (which doesn't mean negative by the way) are automatically branded wrist slashers, disloyal and not proper Rams fans. Well that's a load of old pony as if we weren't fans, we wouldn't be on this forum for kick off.

i know folk who are staunch Rowettes (I copyright that right now) and were at PP last night say it was boring, bland and made them a bit sleepy. So are they fairweather too? Nope. They're his most loyal fans staying what they saw. We disagree regarding Rowett but we respect each other and enjoy supporting the Rams. 

David Is  fine by me mate.  

I think he knows it .

The forum is good or I wouldn’t be on it and some say that would be a good thing lol 

PS Good post bye the way 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

I bet no-one would have an issue with David's loyalty, dedication or call him fairweather. And rightly so! Without this forum I'd be bored and disengaged with the Rams in many ways. 

Oh they do! :D 

Didn’t renew this year for health reasons, last night cost me £27 a ticket each for me and the missus, food, drink, 180 mike round trip petrol...looking around £90 for a game, not checked the bank balance yet.

McClaren, Rowett, Guardiola, tika taka, hoofball....I’ve got bills to pay, it’s a fair whack.

Watched all but a couple of games this season but still get the “did you go”, will buy a season ticket next year regardless of which league we’re in or manager.

That’s just me and my circumstances, each one of those that have gone AWOL if you like will have their own stories. 

With regards to last nights attendance it’s also worth remembering 3 days prior 3000+ Rams were down London, and with a trip up to Boro on Saturday it’s possible that a few skipped the QPR game for financial reasons. 

Also with RamsTV live streaming games how many fans are leaving the country....ahem....for a couple of hours to watch the game?

I won’t say no fans are staying away as they are not being “entertained”, I’m sure some are, but it would also be wrong to look at numbers and assign the blame to Rowett.

(A lot of words fell out my keyboard, not directed at you Tim)

3 hours ago, curtains said:

How many do we have. 

You post far too often and this starting post just doesn't define what it is asking?

Are you referring to the missing fans last night? Would you even accept an explanation that fans want to be entertained, cos some on here denigrate such fans when it is a perfectly reasonable expectation to have.? 

2 minutes ago, DRBee said:

You post far too often and this starting post just doesn't define what it is asking?

Are you referring to the missing fans last night? Would you even accept an explanation that fans want to be entertained, cos some on here denigrate such fans when it is a perfectly reasonable expectation to have.? 

Mate I watched Derby in the 3rd division.

Very low gates sometimes at the BBG .

Entertainment wasn’t important but promotion was vital. 

Dwindling fan base doesn’t bother me to be honest. 

If people don’t want to go to Pride Park then stay away 

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

If you paid for a ticket and didn't go, doesn't that make you more of a fan, giving the club money for nothing?

I didn't buy a ticket, didn't go, listened to the radio via subscription, had text updates from mates at the game, followed the forum, checked the BBC website and my half time cuppa was from a Rams mug. Top fan.

That Rammie is the worst fan. Only goes to the game if someone pays him!

3 hours ago, David said:

That’s what I was basically trying to do.

Without blowing my or the moderators trumpets to much I would like to think this forum isn’t really toxic. 

Sure squabbles take place, disagreements can go too far where we step in but not toxic.

Clearly you disagree with mentioning toxic views and the team so was just looking for an example as our definitions of the word are possibly different.

You don't want to descend to the level of blowing your own trumpet @David :mellow:

Oh these demands for success and to be entertained are just ludicrous and those issuing them are half fans at best, quarter fans i'd say, or better yet plastic fans.   A true fan shows up rain or shine, home or away tiki taka or hoofball in sickness and in health and happily departs with a substantial slice of their income to tightly gather to sing strange songs in support of their on the field heroes.  They may allow themselves to foster hopes for a minor cup streak or even a play-off position but only in moderation and after reminding themselves of the true purpose for their existence.

On a lighter note

Booers will be Rammed

7 hours ago, DRBee said:

Why is it a perfectably reasonable expectation to be entertained? Bet it doesn’t say you will be entertained on your ticket, only that it offers you admission to watch.

lf football was about entertainment we wouldn’t have League tables. At the end of 90 minutes you would have 4 judges stand up and mark the performance out of 10. 

Football, like all competitive sport, is about winning.  Getting to the end of the game and having 3 points. Getting to the end of the season and having the most points.  If you want to be entertained l would suggest you spend your money going to entertainment events.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Why is it a perfectably reasonable expectation to be entertained? Bet it doesn’t say you will be entertained on your ticket, only that it offers you admission to watch.

lf football was about entertainment we wouldn’t have League tables. At the end of 90 minutes you would have 4 judges stand up and mark the performance out of 10. 

Football, like all competitive sport, is about winning.  Getting to the end of the game and having 3 points. Getting to the end of the season and having the most points.  If you want to be entertained l would suggest you spend your money going to entertainment events.

So why aren't you going Iram? We all know you are loaded? ?

I find the team isn't playing to the standards it should. On paper, no matter how you try and play it down we have a very good squad. Not the best but close.

I'd say we are the champships equivalent of Arsenal squadwise, but  Everton on the pitch. Underachieving. 

Not massively problematic really,  as long as you can ignore the ££ numbers involved to get here.

Archived