Fair weather fans

Curtains

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Too often this season I've seen none of the above and for at least 45 minutes last night it was as bad if not worse than ever.

I was entertained by the majority of the second half.....so that's what I would like to see in the future,as would the missing fans in sure.

If Rowett could get us to play like we did second half for 90 minutes every game we  would win the league. That’s the problem though, I don’t believe he has the tools at his disposal to be able to get us to play that way for 90 minutes. 

If you sit back and think about it, he’s sold 2 fans favourites and arguably our best players, he’s brought in 4/5 players of his own into a squad that still consists of 4 managers players, I’d said in perspective he’s actually doing fairly well so far. Next summer Wel add another 3/4 players and if we get even stronger We could be challenging for autos. 

The answer to the original question we have around 4000 fair weather fans who just want to be entertained. Personally it makes no odds to me if they come or not, the ground is like a morgue most of the time with or without them. Enjoy the game (or part of it) and stop worrying about people who haven’t bothered to turn up.

This was partly discussed yesterday but has got lost in the ether slightly.

Crowds are down in general, but the crowds surged when we thought we were going to be promoted. A lot more families and kids were going too. In general people hung around because they thought there was still a chance, but think last season was the final straw for a few. Added to this is that it’s not the best time of year to be attending games (Xmas round the corner) and two mid week home games isn’t ideal. Yes there are those who aren’t entertained but I think the larger part of the drop off is the ‘going as a past time’ fans than any ‘week in/week out’ fans

20 minutes ago, curtains said:

Be interesting to see midweek gates over last 5 years. 

David.

You are the man for this. 

Not got time, washing my hair today.

Almost started a thread on labelling fans myself today, the ‘Happy Clappers’ v ‘Wrist Slashers’, gave up as it got a bit ranty.

Just don’t understand it. Or this.

Far more interested in reading/discussing the actual football than taking pops at other Derby fans as that’s what we all are, Derby fans, each with our own views, opinions and circumstances.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Almost started a thread on labelling fans myself today, the ‘Happy Clappers’ v ‘Wrist Slashers’, gave up as it got a bit ranty.

Far more interested in reading/discussing the actual football than taking pops at other Derby fans as that’s what we all are, Derby fans, each with our own views, opinions, circumstances.

Simple tribalism explains a lot of it....and that's pretty much human nature.

I think it's easy to forget that even during the mac1 tenure there there plenty of fans (the current rowett devotees?)who spent every match slagging off the team and our style of play.

That's the way of the world.

12 minutes ago, David said:

Far more interested in reading/discussing the actual football than taking pops at other Derby fans as that’s what we all are, Derby fans, each with our own views, opinions and circumstances.

The high moral ground.  How do toxic views help the team than !

12 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Simple tribalism explains a lot of it....and that's pretty much human nature.

I think it's easy to forget that even during the mac1 tenure there there plenty of fans (the current rowett devotees?)who spent every match slagging off the team and our style of play.

That's the way of the world.

To a certain extent maybe, I don’t recall so much in fighting during the Mac days if I’m honest, nowhere near what we’re seeing today.

48 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Lol...but I just need to point out there was no rain whatsoever at the game last night.

But don't worry @Curtains you don't need evidence on which to base any of your claims...just label people generally anyway those who don't share your view-point. :mellow:

4 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

@curtains didn't you stop watching Derby when they appointed McClaren? 

No I didn’t 

If you recall I applauded his appointment and was at his unveiling forum at the Telegraph pub opposite M and S

Hated the Newcastle thing and his reappointment.

Never miss a game unless on holidays 

Go away but not as item and was at Wembley

You have idea 

Archived