Fair weather fans

Curtains

Just now, curtains said:

Define toxic 

That’s what I was basically trying to do.

Without blowing my or the moderators trumpets to much I would like to think this forum isn’t really toxic. 

Sure squabbles take place, disagreements can go too far where we step in but not toxic.

Clearly you disagree with mentioning toxic views and the team so was just looking for an example as our definitions of the word are possibly different.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

What do you?.

Enjoying the cut and thrust of a game,watching a pattern of play,seeing players express their individual skills...all of those things.

Too often this season I've seen none of the above and for at least 45 minutes last night it was as bad if not worse than ever.

I was entertained by the majority of the second half.....so that's what I would like to see in the future,as would the missing fans in sure.

If derby start entertaining then the crowds will come back....it's not just about results clearly.

Excitement of winning. That's what does it for me ! Of course I like watching stuff that's pretty on the eye , but were playing in the championship , one of the toughest league' to get out of in the world , where top can beat bottom and no one batsan eyelid. In all fairness a good counter attacking can be as good on the eye as Mac 1 s free flowing attacking football. 

16 minutes ago, curtains said:

No I didn’t 

If you recall I applauded his appointment and was at his unveiling forum at the Telegraph pub opposite M and S

Hated the Newcastle thing and his reappointment.

Never miss a game unless on holidays 

Go away but not as item and was at Wembley

You have idea 

I'm talking about his second appointment. 

Just now, curtains said:

No went to every game unless on holiday. 

Watched him throw water bottles around in frustration after a defeat. 

No, you definitely said on the forum that you were not watching matches when we appointed McClaren in protest or something. Do I have to search back to find the posts? 

5 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

No, you definitely said on the forum that you were not watching matches when we appointed McClaren in protest or something. Do I have to search back to find the posts? 

Go on then make me a hypocrite. 

I reiterate I only have missed occasional games when on holidays 

Can you say the same. 

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

You mean fans who go to a match to be entertained?

If you aren't a season ticket holder it's a very expensive luxury to pay to travel,buy tickets just to get pissed off and bored with performances.

Noone minds the odd match but if it's every home game over a prolonged period its pretty understandable to be honest.

Its an expensive luxury for season ticket holders too.

19 minutes ago, David said:

That’s what I was basically trying to do.

Without blowing my or the moderators trumpets to much I would like to think this forum isn’t really toxic. 

Sure squabbles take place, disagreements can go too far where we step in but not toxic.

Clearly you disagree with mentioning toxic views and the team so was just looking for an example as our definitions of the word are possibly different.

Ok if  toxic offends you I’ll say  its certainly controversial 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Ok if  toxic offends you I’ll say  its certainly controversial 

It doesn't offend me, just you asked me a question of how do I feel the toxic views on this forum help the team, it's not a question I can answer when I'm not aware of toxic posts which is why I asked for an example.

Controversial still has me puzzled, are you talking about the lack of support for Rowett which you have been fairly vocal on?

1 minute ago, David said:

It doesn't offend me, just you asked me a question of how do I feel the toxic views on this forum help the team, it's not a question I can answer when I'm not aware of toxic posts which is why I asked for an example.

Controversial still has me puzzled, are you talking about the lack of support for Rowett which you have been fairly vocal on?

Yes Rowett and the way the team are playing 

1 minute ago, David said:

Are the current posts anymore toxic/controversial than this for example?

I didn’t want him back but you are right but the fish picture wasn’t me was it !

But hey ho sorry for saying toxic views

Can you look at the post again 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

I didn’t want him back but you are right but the fish picture wasn’t me was it !

But hey ho sorry for saying toxic views

Can you look at the post again 

The embed just picks up the first picture in the topic thats all, don't worry about it.

@Curtains So you'll happily slag off the team and McClaren (as he played a style you don't like) but if someone does the same thing RE: Rowett (a style you clearly enjoy) , you can't understand it? 

I feel like empathy should be your word for the day. 

27 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It is but once you have paid for the year you might as well go I suppose.....if you see what I mean,it's a bit of a waste otherwise no matter.

True

i don't know how many season ticket holders there are but we must be getting close to only the season ticket holders + about 3k turning up last night.

Everyone is a ST holder where i sit, but it has emptied rapidly some matches.

me and the two blokes either side are there to the end in a row of empty seats sometimes.

Just now, Casio said:

@Curtains So you'll happily slag off the team and McClaren (as he played a style you don't like) but if someone does the same thing RE: Rowett (a style you clearly enjoy) , you can't understand it? 

I feel like empathy should be your word for the day. 

Mate McClaren had 2 chances and Mel Morris made decisions on him I accept there is a slight hypocrisy to be honest. 

2 hours ago, curtains said:

How many do we have. 

Probably the same proportion in respective context as all teams.

Please dont confuse low(er) attendances, some folk not enjoying games, some folk enjoying games, league tables and performances equating to being fairweather or loyal.

If I go to <10 games per year and listen ont radio most of the time, doesn't make me or anyone else a fairwesther fan. That's whether I enjoy what's on offer or not.

Loyalty and dedication can be appreciated and demonstrated in lots of ways - it's not exclusively for those who go to most games (most of these live around Derby and I wish I could go more often / admire / am jealous those who travel long distances to do so).

I bet no-one would have an issue with David's loyalty, dedication or call him fairweather. And rightly so! Without this forum I'd be bored and disengaged with the Rams in many ways. 

But I get the feeling from some of those who are more content with the current situation (and I won't call them happy clappers as it's rude and disingenuous) that some of us who are critical (which doesn't mean negative by the way) are automatically branded wrist slashers, disloyal and not proper Rams fans. Well that's a load of old pony as if we weren't fans, we wouldn't be on this forum for kick off.

i know folk who are staunch Rowettes (I copyright that right now) and were at PP last night say it was boring, bland and made them a bit sleepy. So are they fairweather too? Nope. They're his most loyal fans staying what they saw. We disagree regarding Rowett but we respect each other and enjoy supporting the Rams. 

Archived