Fair weather fans

Curtains

34 minutes ago, ramit said:

You got lucky with genetics.  Just think, if you had been born and raised a Forest supporter.  i almost feel sorry for their fans sometimes.

Brian Clough wooed me with his remarkable in your face interviews and the aggressive style of football he had the Derby team playing.  Brian seemed like a rebel to me and that appealed greatly to me.  Had no interest in following the so called big teams.  Derby were at that time overachievers, underdogs and so becoming a Derby fan was a much more exciting proposition for my 9 year old mind.  Also, i liked the name and the logo.  Now it's become part of my DNA, i will be rooting for Derby as long as i live.

This is exactly the same for me.. 1969 ish. Living in London, who the hell is this guy.. Rebel sums it up well. Derby sounded really exotic as well. Me being a bit of a rebel as well and not conforming to the normal London clubs and or Leeds, Man U or Liverpool. Hooked, can't break it now.

Where are you based Mr Ramit?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

This is exactly the same for me.. 1969 ish. Living in London, who the hell is this guy.. Rebel sums it up well. Derby sounded really exotic as well. Me being a bit of a rebel as well and not conforming to the normal London clubs and or Leeds, Man U or Liverpool. Hooked, can't break it now.

Where are you based Mr Ramit?

i always knew we had things in common Angry Ram, cheers.

Greetings from Reykjavík

12 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

It’s freezing up here, so us 1000 get a pass. 

Club Tropicano in Smogland!.....A further 300 miles up North here, another 5 and half hours in the car and I have icicles dripping off my nose and I'm indoors typing on this forum watching CBeebies, which is always more entertaining than Boro!

Archived