Thoughts on Lawrence so far

Sparkle

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Well, we've won four from our last five, so I didn't think the team is being hurt too much by Lawrence not scoring.

People seem to be making it out like he's playing really badly. He isn't. He's just not managed to score and is giving the ball away a bit more over the last 2/3 games than he has in others. I'd rather have Tom Lawrence in the team with this form than the likes of Weimann or Anya, who manage to affect the game in absolutely no way. 

Weimann was more effective at Leeds than Lawrence has been all season.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

How Do people think he is doing?

for me there are promising signs without delivering a great deal so far, I think most of his corners have been decent (apart from yesterday) his free kicks have been fairly dreadful and his shooting has not exactly been overwhelming, he has had at least two one on ones with the keeper in the last two games at home without looking like he would score. Is he slipping back in line with some of the other choices for a wide positions?

I'm not a big fan from what I've seen. More of a £1.5 million player really. I can never understand it when players deliver a lousy corner, and then go on to do it again and again (like a repeat offender). I wish we had used the cash to buy someone like Jota, but I suppose he isn't a Rowett type player. 

2 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Weimann was more effective at Leeds than Lawrence has been all season.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Your head’s gone west!

Weimann did ok and did do a little bit more than Lawrence did at Elland Road tbh.

4 hours ago, lrm14 said:

Usually the opposite happens. You drop them to give them time to reset their mindset, which footballers being competitors do. Playing him with the logic that 'eventually one will go in' isn't usually very effective and hurts the team for the period that he's struggling. It also sending the horrible message that a player is undroppable, which is something you don't want to foster at your club unless the player is truly undroppable ie Messi.

Spot on needs a spell on the bench we can't wait forever Or at least take him of corners and free kicks they are such an important part of the game and his are not good 

10 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Fingers crossed Tom Lawrence isn't the kind of person to search himself on fan's forums...

Why? I would hope that any criticism he gets on here he is getting similar from the manager.

9 hours ago, lukedcfc said:

Im starting to question what Lawrence brings that Anya doesn't. So far waste of money, and nowhere near as good as Ince.

Ince scored 11 in his first 18 matches

Lawrence has none in his first 14

Says it all really. Starting to look like another massive waste of money. Hope I'm wrong though

Archived