Thoughts on Lawrence so far

Sparkle

19 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Hmmm,not quite sure exactly why 86.

I've never gelled with rowett thats the truth....I've disliked the style of play from day one which is so different to what I view as the Derby way.Getting rid of four of my favourite 'derby way' players in ince,Hughes,Bryson and of course Martin just made things worse.

I've been unfortunate that of the home games this season I've witnessed there have been some absolute shockers(Birmingham/Reading in particular) where I've sat in horror and wondered where my team has disappeared to.

Now,to be fair,Rowetts job isn't to please me or any fan,it's to gain promotion but I've ended up feeling disconnected to our current set up.

Time to possibly take a break from the forums and it's endless push and pull between the factions (it's like brexit!).

Cheers.

Kash we often push and pull on rowett stuff but I read enough to know your proper derby and that you are no mug when you talk football ,, don’t go missing from the forum ,, 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st time Id seen TL in the flesh on Saturday.

Thought he did quite well more importantly looked motivated for the team. Took a clattering which I thought "oh no" when he went down, but fair play to him for being up and back at them.

Looks quicker of thought and deed than the majority of our lads. But I did think that Garys system meant he quickly and often looked isolated. There are no 3rd man runners at present. We spend a bit of time creating the space for an "accurate long ball" (:thumbsup:) and then don't have runners anywhere near the recipients of the pass so the second ball is being gobbled up by the opposition.

He can be a top player in this div though we may have to wait until next year to see the best of him. His performances are improving (as they were before he took a knock a few weeks back) and he, Palmer and Vyds will secure us a play-off slot at worst. 

As for those commenting on the last matchday thread about him looking surly after scoring, well....

_100167241_lawrence.jpg

Shows promise,but ultimately fails to deliver end product, certainly not showing anything like what he was achieving at Ipswich. Almost as though he does the running gets into the positions and has to then think about what to do next. Certainly needs to start improving his end product considering what we paid.

I've had my doubts about him but he is genuinely getting better possibly our best player at Reading  Still some improvement to come definitely not fair on the lad to compare what he did at Ipswich where McCarthy gave him a lot more freedom to move inside where he can cause more damage to the opposition   Hope he doesn't have to spend Saturday chasing Fredericks only one winner there 

2 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Shows promise,but ultimately fails to deliver end product, certainly not showing anything like what he was achieving at Ipswich. Almost as though he does the running gets into the positions and has to then think about what to do next. Certainly needs to start improving his end product considering what we paid.

Yes we probably paid a bit too much for the player. Don't recall that we were in a bidding war with any other club, so it's was a case of 'who blinks first..' between DCFC and Leicester City. 

Archived