Thoughts on Lawrence so far

Sparkle

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'd say that's also a supposition to be honest...how do you know that?

Because that’s generally what happens in transfers. GR was chasing Lawrence all summer, Lawrence said in his signing interview he knew GR had been interested in him all summer. You hear players say all the time they sat down with the manager and they sold the idea of joining the club to them, this seems fairly obvious to me. Your comment was just a thinly veiled dig at our style of play and you’ve tried to justify it by saying a certain player isn’t happy with it and that’s why it’s effecting his form.

4 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Because that’s generally what happens in transfers. GR was chasing Lawrence all summer, Lawrence said in his signing interview he knew GR had been interested in him all summer. You hear players say all the time they sat down with the manager and they sold the idea of joining the club to them, this seems fairly obvious to me. Your comment was just a thinly veiled dig at our style of play and you’ve tried to justify it by saying a certain player isn’t happy with it and that’s why it’s effecting his form.

You are making things up again.

Firstly,again complete supposition in respect of Lawrence's motivation in joining Derby.

Secondly I haven't said anywhere that Lawrence isn't happy.

I stated,based on what I have actually seen,that he doesn't fit in to rowetts style of play....and I still believe that.

Hmmm, starting to wonder whether there’s more to the theory that Lawrence struggles when Vydra is in the side. After yesterday it maybe has more legs than I wanted it to have...

Not making out ones better, just a ponder based in how both want to play. It’s one problem of a few that Rowett hasn’t really addressed

8 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

You are making things up again.

Firstly,again complete supposition in respect of Lawrence's motivation in joining Derby.

Secondly I haven't said anywhere that Lawrence isn't happy.

I stated,based on what I have actually seen,that he doesn't fit in to rowetts style of play....and I still believe that.

You said GR’s style of play doesn’t sit easy with Lawrence, so you’re privy to the mind state of TL and how he feels about our style of play?

So in your oppion he doesn’t fit into Rowetts style of play. Even though GR made his his top transfer target and chased him all summer because he thought he would fit his style of play perfectly? If only you would have phoned GR to let him know he was about to make a mistake. 

49 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

You said GR’s style of play doesn’t sit easy with Lawrence, so you’re privy to the mind state of TL and how he feels about our style of play?

So in your oppion he doesn’t fit into Rowetts style of play. Even though GR made his his top transfer target and chased him all summer because he thought he would fit his style of play perfectly? If only you would have phoned GR to let him know he was about to make a mistake. 

I'd have rang tom not Gary!

25 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'd have rang tom not Gary!

For what’s it’s worth I think Toms done alright this season anyway, he’s had a few off games but after all he is a championship winger. For saying he apparently doesn’t fit our style of play he’s been our most creative player, if we were a bit more clinical he’d have a few more numbers next to his name.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

That's not saying a lot for Gary's man management then....

And what is Rowett's man management like exactly as it's something you accuse Rowett of lacking on a regular basis yet offer no real evidence to back this theory up other than we sold/loaned X player.

I'm reading players like Winnall praise Rowett despite a lack of game time compared to other forwards. Birmingham City players downed tools when Rowett left, odd would you not think, would they not be happy and go on the new manager bounce under Zola?

It would be no surprise that players departing may not share Winnall's views, however that is to be expected with a lot of players. McManaman yesterday as an example, running up to Pulis when he scored yet you have players that will love playing for Pulis.

Nigel Clough, Bywater, Brayford, Barker all followed Nigel to Burton yet I bet Cywka would think twice.

Comes across as a cheap line to throw at Rowett as you disagree with his transfer dealings. 

2 minutes ago, David said:

And what is Rowett's man management like exactly as it's something you accuse Rowett of lacking on a regular basis yet offer no real evidence to back this theory up other than we sold/loaned X player.

I'm reading players like Winnall praise Rowett despite a lack of game time compared to other forwards. Birmingham City players downed tools when Rowett left, odd would you not think, would they not be happy and go on the new manager bounce under Zola?

It would be no surprise that players departing may not share Winnall's views, however that is to be expected with a lot of players. McManaman yesterday as an example, running up to Pulis when he scored yet you have players that will love playing for Pulis.

Nigel Clough, Bywater, Brayford, Barker all followed Nigel to Burton yet I bet Cywka would think twice.

Comes across as a cheap line to throw at Rowett as you disagree with his transfer dealings. 

d9b05c5b5ed722a28dc8a224a3888692.jpg

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Wasn't sure what I was expecting as a response, maybe something along the lines of Rowett can't handle flair players or big names but I'll take the Vic and Bob pic as proof of a lack of evidence to support your throw away line.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Wasn't sure what I was expecting as a response, maybe something along the lines of Rowett can't handle flair players or big names but I'll take the Vic and Bob pic as proof of a lack of evidence to support your throw away line.

Lol,bit touchy David!!!

I think I've said quite enough about rowetts handling or lack of,of our flair players....Lawrence,thorne,Martin...plus the mishandling of a player like Nugent who was hung out to dry for several matches and allowed to go off the boil in doing so for no good reason(that I could see other than attempting to shoehorn the new boy in).

Conversely I've also given rowett some faint praise in his handling of vydra and our defence.

Anyway,here's some nice happy faces that I'll be sure to wear at the next match whatever the draw sorry score.

p01l77m6.jpg

8 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Really not sure what's up with you Kash. Always thought you were one of the more supportive and balanced posters on this forum but almost everything you post these days is anti-Rowett, anti-Derby or both. Like you, I didn't understand the Mac2 sacking, nor would have I let Chrissie go out on loan (on either occasion) but what's done is done. Do you not want us to prosper, because that's how you come across? It's as if you take more relish from our failings than the good days. Seems a shame to me fella,. We're still Derby after all.

Just now, 86 points said:

Really not sure what's up with you Kash. Always thought you were one of the more supportive and balanced posters on this forum but almost everything you post these days is anti-Rowett, anti-Derby or both. Like you, I didn't understand the Mac2 sacking, nor would have I let Chrissie go out on loan (on either occasion) but what's done is done. Do you not want us to prosper, because that's how you come across? It's as if you take more relish from our failings than the good days. Seems a shame to me fella,. We're still Derby after all.

What me anti Derby?....never and id be interested as to where I have indicated that.Ive always been defensive of Mel,his vision and what he has done for this club.I love everything that the club has improved over the years,the stadium,rams TV and our financial structure.

You will struggle to find a criticism of a player from me either...I support every one of them,esp the new boys but also oldies like Baird and Forsyth who are simply bloody brilliant.

The rowett bit,well there might be something in that.

I absolutely want us to prosper...that's my point.

Gary's not to be immune from criticism or praise from me if he does well.....and when I enjoy a game as I did at Leeds I'll make it clear(that's not to say we played particularly well but I did enjoy it).

12 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Lol,bit touchy David!!!

I think I've said quite enough about rowetts handling or lack of,of our flair players....Lawrence,thorne,Martin...plus the mishandling of a player like Nugent who was hung out to dry for several matches and allowed to go off the boil in doing so for no good reason(that I could see other than attempting to shoehorn the new boy in).

Conversely I've also given rowett some faint praise in his handling of vydra and our defence.

Anyway,here's some nice happy faces that I'll be sure to wear at the next match whatever the draw sorry score.

But you haven't Kash, that's the thing, it's one or two repeated lines which pop up when we don't win. Poor man management, mishandling players yet we have players in that dressing room praising Rowett's man management, one being a striker that barely started for him on loan, one that you could argue would be pissed off more than anyone being his signing yet chose to stay at Derby. Even sat in the RamsTV studio when he could be at home watching Paul Merson wrap his lips around players names.

There is zero evidence to back up what you are saying, zero, I've not even seen anything from Anya or his agent to suggest Rowett has mishandled him.

Martin on joining Reading, again nothing bad to say at all. 

“I’m ready to play,” he said. “But I understand the manager has decisions to make with players who have played so far.

“I feel good, I’ve been involved with the squad up at Derby for the whole season.

“I’ve not started or played as many minutes as I would’ve liked, so I might be a touch short of playing 90 minutes – but apart from that I feel good and I am ready to go.”

Completely understandable yet no swing, no pop at Rowett, nothing.

Rowett has to pick a team, appears he can't win with you regardless of who he picks. For weeks you've complained that Rowett sticks with the same team, doesn't try anything new, this was when Nugent was playing and the bee in your bonnet was Martin not playing. 

Fast forward a few weeks, plays Jerome and Rowett is tinkering too much!

22 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Too much tinkering by gr after we had a good run....the team doesn't know what day it is.

As I say, can't win. 

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

What me anti Derby?....never and id be interested as to where I have indicated that.Ive always been defensive of Mel,his vision and what he has done for this club.I love everything that the club has improved over the years,the stadium,rams TV and our financial structure.

You will struggle to find a criticism of a player from me either...I support every one of them,esp the new boys but also oldies like Baird and Forsyth who are simply bloody brilliant.

The rowett bit,well there might be something in that.

I absolutely want us to prosper...that's my point.

Gary's not to be immune from criticism or praise from me if he does well.....and when I enjoy a game as I did at Leeds I'll make it clear(that's not to say we played particularly well but I did enjoy it).

Wasn't a dig mate and I haven't said that you've been unfairly critical of the Mel or the players. Rowett not so much though...

Just wondering why you've seemed so disenchanted with things recently, even when we've been doing well. You said yourself that even when positive it's been 'feint praise' and you tend to choose your words quite carefully. 

13 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Wasn't a dig mate and I haven't said that you've been unfairly critical of the Mel or the players. Rowett not so much though...

Just wondering why you've seemed so disenchanted with things recently, even when we've been doing well. You said yourself that even when positive it's been 'feint praise' and you tend to choose your words quite carefully. 

Hmmm,not quite sure exactly why 86.

I've never gelled with rowett thats the truth....I've disliked the style of play from day one which is so different to what I view as the Derby way.Getting rid of four of my favourite 'derby way' players in ince,Hughes,Bryson and of course Martin just made things worse.

I've been unfortunate that of the home games this season I've witnessed there have been some absolute shockers(Birmingham/Reading in particular) where I've sat in horror and wondered where my team has disappeared to.

Now,to be fair,Rowetts job isn't to please me or any fan,it's to gain promotion but I've ended up feeling disconnected to our current set up.

Time to possibly take a break from the forums and it's endless push and pull between the factions (it's like brexit!).

Cheers.

Archived