Derby County V Reading

peachmyster

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Kernow said:

I wonder how long it'll be before the first meltdown thread of the afternoon appears?

Obviously a far from ideal situation, but plenty of time left and I'd have been happy with 12 points out of 15 from Forest, Sheff Wed, Norwich, Leeds and Reading.

But isn't that what attracts the criticism we get ourselves into a good position and then fail to capitalise on it . But yes good points tally from those games .

Just now, King Kevin said:

But isn't that what attracts the criticism we get ourselves into a good position and then fail to capitalise on it . But yes good points tally from those games .

As it stands we're still 6th with a game in hand. I know that unless there's a massive swing this afternoon, the wrist slashers are going to be out in force. I'm just trying to add a little perspective.

Just now, cosmic said:

Reading look very comfortable on the ball, playing with a high tempo. Off it, they’re in our faces, pressing high and winning the 50/50s.

Read that back and imagine the opposite and you get an idea of how we’re playing. 

We are expected to be similar aren't we?

Sounds like winnall is walking a bit of a tightrope. Possibly early sub for Martin,  who can cope with high press. 

Any news on RK?

Well so far, looks like I was wrong about giving Lawrence another game. Shows how good Keogh actually is and how much you don’t really appreciate it till it’s gone. Oh and Russell’s still dog s****. Hope they prove me wrong again 

Just when we thought we'd turned a corner, came out asleep, awful half, fozzy getting a new one torn Russell getting bullied by a young lad, winnall nugent doesn't work, really really poor no one on the pitch really egging each other On miss ledley and Keogh big time 

Think we’ve started with the wrong side, johnson looked excellent last two games further up. Think nugent & winnall are similar & one or the other should play with vydra & martin

get thorne on for russell, move johnson forward & get martin on for winnall before he gets sent off 

14 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

What's up with us Kash?

Do we look knackered/too slow/playing wrong tactics? 

At least two out of the three...too slow witted,devoid of tactics and shape up to now.

I really can't see what we are trying to do here.

Huddlestone mega slow,winnall absent and Lawrence looks completely out of confidence.

Just now, Topram said:

Just when we thought we'd turned a corner, came out asleep, awful half, fozzy getting a new one torn Russell getting bullied by a young lad, winnall nugent doesn't work, really really poor no one on the pitch really egging each other On miss ledley and Keogh big time 

Sounds a bit like Sheffield utd where Gary rowetts post match comments were mainly about our complete failure to match the expected intensity of the opposition. 

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

At least two out of the three...too slow witted,devoid of tactics and shape up to now.

I really can't see what we are trying to do here.

Huddlestone mega slow,winnall absent and Lawrence looks completely out of confidence.

Meanwhile Forest are two nil up and being described as magnificent

It never rains, it pours

Archived