Derby County V Reading

peachmyster

6 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Expect Vydra to start with Nugent, both Winnall and Martin coming on as subs. So far this has been a winning strategy at home so no need to change even though I'm one to prefer Martin over Nugent.

Hoping for Mr Brightside before the game too, fancy a bit of dancing and a cheesy singalong :D

Oh well in that case how about this ? :ph34r:

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, angieram said:

I agree with this. Feel that 1. we need at least one of either Nugent or Martin on the pitch to provide a bit of nous.

If he's recovered , I expect Rowett to 2. start with Vydra and Nugent. For the reason you say, Vydra will be fired up against a former club where he didn't do too well and Nugent seems to be seen as his natural 'partner'. Harsh on Winnall and Martin but I think that's how this season is going to be.

Fulham could well see it all change again.

@angieram I concur with your most excellent observations. I'd like to see Martin and Vydra but GR will almost certainly go with Nuge/Vydra combination and bring Martin/Winnall on later. 

14 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

Happily be proved wrong but I don't think Winnall and Vydra have enough presence about them as a pair.

Martin and Nugent compliment the pace and movement of the other two. I think we might well see Nuge and Winnall up top.

I'd play Jono and Hudds if Lesley is out. Russell back on the wing. Game time for George if we''re comfortable.

It's nice to have options and GR isn't scared of changing it up if it's not working!

Wow ! ..... Plucked from obscurity in the lower reaches of the east stand, promising 58 year old gets his debut .... Thanks mate. I'm really going to enjoy this one. 

34 minutes ago, jono said:

Wow ! ..... Plucked from obscurity in the lower reaches of the east stand, promising 58 year old gets his debut .... Thanks mate. I'm really going to enjoy this one. 

I think you're ready @jono. Just avoid any sprints down the wing early doors and try to get a "feel" up top but mind you don't go premature. You'll probably get pulled-off at half-time. :mellow:

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'd love to see the combination of Vydra and Martin, but how can you drop Winnall when he's scored three goals in one and a bit games?

How much does winnall provide in open play? 

Nugent provides movement for vydra to slip him in 

martin provides lay off for on an on-rushing no 10

vydra can run at the defence, has a good eye for a pass and will offer good support.

winnall is deadly from 6 yards but i haven't seen enough to know how he dovetails with the others.

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

@angieram I concur with your most excellent observations. I'd like to see Martin and Vydra but GR will almost certainly go with Nuge/Vydra combination and bring Martin/Winnall on later. 

Winnall is undroppable today surely? Nuge & Winall the most likely top 2 - maybe Vydra in for Lawrence??

What do we know about Readings back line ? I can't help feeling that might influence the choice of front 2.

if they are a bit stodgy then maybe Nuge can give them the run around ? if not Martin being more subtle might be the right choice.?

As the quick small one ... Vydra or Winall .. Don't mind really both have what it takes. 

2 hours ago, jono said:

Boooooo Jono. Doesn't run around enough and never tracks back, the lazy ******* :lol:

Bit concerned that without Ledley and with the chosen front two we will lack control in the middle of the park. I suspect tactically it will be us sitting deep letting them have the ball and then looking for Huddlestone to lob a mortar over the top. 

Archived