Derby County V Reading

peachmyster

1 hour ago, theroyal said:

Morning chaps. Looking forward to a good game. 

We had a very good result on Tuesday against the Florists and played extremely well and it arguably saved Stam's job, but I'd be happy with a draw tomorrow, our away form is dire (despite the Leeds result) and you're in form.  

I think we'll line up: Mannone, Bacuna, McShane, Moore, Gunter, Edwards, Van Den Berg, Swift, Aluko, Barrow, Kermorgant. 

I'll predict you'll win 2-1. 

Hello, we are not the team you have witnessed in previous seasons, we are presenting a very solid team with extensive championship experience and nearly all having represented their county at the highest level,are we improving well yes we are and we have yet to hit any heights of a very good performance but if we do? Well that could be very interesting. We have a very good match day squad with a lot of very decent players not getting a look in currently 

i cant say that I enjoy playing Reading as we have produced far to much duff against you over recent times but that is football.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Yes your right about Russell and BJ who has been our best player since the Forest game Lawrence you may be right but how long do we give him he's been really average so far I really fancied him to have a good game at Leeds when I saw they had a leftwinger playing full back but no he rarely beat him don't want to be to harsh because he got the pen and we've seen glimpses of what he can do 

I’m not sure myself as to how long, but for me a little longer yet. I do feel Weimann played really well when he came on against Leeds but would stick with Lawrence for now. The trouble we have is, our wingers seem to get much better when they don’t play. There is always a clamour to have a change, but within a short period of time we want them dropped again. None are capable of consistency all can look world beaters or complete garbage within a few days never mind months 

19 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Hello, we are not the team you have witnessed in previous seasons, we are presenting a very solid team with extensive championship experience and nearly all having represented their county at the highest level,are we improving well yes we are and we have yet to hit any heights of a very good performance but if we do? Well that could be very interesting. We have a very good match day squad with a lot of very decent players not getting a look in currently 

i cant say that I enjoy playing Reading as we have produced far to much duff against you over recent times but that is football.

There was some talk over on our forum Hobnob that we're your bogey team, which was true about until about 2014. Since then you've had our number, apart from that 3-0 victory in 2015 which was a bit of a freak result (we were absolutely awful that season and the performance came out of nowhere). 

6 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Would be nice to give Thorne 60-70 minutes, can't not risk him forever.

Also keep Johnson out wide as he's been doing well there. Plus him and Tommy aren't the best combo.

If ledley doesnt make it i would start him, give him 60-70 as you say and see how hes going ,its not like we cant cover him if he needs to come off, baird can step in or johnson move back etc.

23 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Sounds like Ledley may be a doubt for Saturday so..............

.................................Carson.................................

Wisdom......Keogh................Davies...........Forsyth

...................Huddlestone.........Johnson................

Russell........................Vydra.................Lawrence

...................................Winnall..............................

Reading are another play it out from the back possession team. Winnall will need to run his socks off closing down their defence. Vydra in for speed as is Russell & Lawrence.  Bring it on. (Don't think George is ready yet)

That's brave Scarlet. Is Winall strong enough to be the target though.?  Personally I am enjoying seeing GR's pairings shape up. I quite fancy a Martin / Winall start but you are right, Vydra has looked great at home and Nuge is my favourite because he is a real nuisance and an a finisher with genuine class. .. Maybe it isn't the game but one day soon I want to see Martin and Nuge. Both so very clever, they might be deadly together. Yet Winall is on fire and you'd want to keep him bubbling. Hummmmm

anyway really up for this one whoever the boss picks ... Honest .. I don't care because I think Gary is still  learning what he has and I am patient enough to see where that takes us. 

Pone thing for sure .. We need to do what Huddersfield did to ManU .. Get in to them. Zero respect, 11 V 11. We need to dominate the STYLE of play. Make them play us rather than the other way round.m

Sat in my room at the hallmark hotel ( was the Midland when I lived in Derby) cannot wait, this is sort of a Derby for me as Woodley is just outside Reading, so I look forward to it. 

I think Reading are better than their place in the league suggests, I just hope they don’t show it tomorrow. 

I think we will win tomorrow after a tight game, would think that Reading will improve and climb the league..........after they have lost tomorrow...?COYR 

Hoping it will be a good game, however when your outside the play offs teams look at you thinking they can get points. as soon as your in the top six SOME teams will come and park the bus. so it may be a case of learning how to get results against those teams

8 hours ago, theroyal said:

Morning chaps. Looking forward to a good game. 

We had a very good result on Tuesday against the Florists and played extremely well and it arguably saved Stam's job, but I'd be happy with a draw tomorrow, our away form is dire (despite the Leeds result) and you're in form.  

I think we'll line up: Mannone, Bacuna, McShane, Moore, Gunter, Edwards, Van Den Berg, Swift, Aluko, Barrow, Kermorgant. 

I'll predict you'll win 2-1. 

Hi and welcome. I really like it when we have "visitors" 

who do you rate in your side as danger men, you know, the ones that are a cut above and can make a difference ? 

I like our front men, particularly Nugent for his all round ability.

Lawrence is for us so far, a nearly man, but is going to be very good. Tricky and also dangerous with corners and set plays. Keogh = leader, then the slightly lumbering Huddlestone can (but not always) make defence destroying passes. 

Looking forward to a good day. 

Happily be proved wrong but I don't think Winnall and Vydra have enough presence about them as a pair.

Martin and Nugent compliment the pace and movement of the other two. I think we might well see Nuge and Winnall up top.

I'd play Jono and Hudds if Lesley is out. Russell back on the wing. Game time for George if we''re comfortable.

It's nice to have options and GR isn't scared of changing it up if it's not working!

5 hours ago, jono said:

Hi and welcome. I really like it when we have "visitors" 

who do you rate in your side as danger men, you know, the ones that are a cut above and can make a difference ? 

I like our front men, particularly Nugent for his all round ability.

Lawrence is for us so far, a nearly man, but is going to be very good. Tricky and also dangerous with corners and set plays. Keogh = leader, then the slightly lumbering Huddlestone can (but not always) make defence destroying passes. 

Looking forward to a good day. 

If Swift plays well, the team usually does. He's key.

Other than that, if Barrow turns up he can be unplayable and Kermorgant is still a big threat despite his age (19 goals last year).

I’d like Vydra behind Winnall. If not that, then Vydra behind Nuge. Vydra will tear Reading to bits in 2-3 minutes.

if Ledley is unfit get GT in there and Johnson can stay wide unless JR is fit. Luke Thomas in at 60-70 mins.

The easy decision would be winnall and martin, but winnall is a darren bent -  deadly from six yards.

i'd go with vydra and martin since nugent might not be fully fit.

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

The easy decision would be winnall and martin, but winnall is a darren bent -  deadly from six yards.

I hope hes ok, we dont want fuel any of ramages conspiracy theories any further.

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

I'd love to see the combination of Vydra and Martin, but how can you drop Winnall when he's scored three goals in one and a bit games? It's really tough as the one combination that doesn't feel right us Vydra/Winnall but they've both been banging the goals in. 

Martin needs to start scoring to become a regular starter. My hope/expectation is that the floodgates will open with a hattrick for him away at Fulham. 

And just as Martin will score against former loan club Fulham, Vydra will score against former loan club Reading. But I expect Martin/Winnall to start with Vyds coming off the bench. 

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's really tough as the one combination that doesn't feel right is Vydra/Winnall but they've both been banging the goals in. 

I agree with this. Feel that we need at least one of either Nugent or Martin on the pitch to provide a bit of nous.

If he's recovered , I expect Rowett to start with Vydra and Nugent. For the reason you say, Vydra will be fired up against a former club where he didn't do too well and Nugent seems to be seen as his natural 'partner'. Harsh on Winnall and Martin but I think that's how this season is going to be.

Fulham could well see it all change again.

Expect Vydra to start with Nugent, both Winnall and Martin coming on as subs. So far this has been a winning strategy at home so no need to change even though I'm one to prefer Martin over Nugent.

Hoping for Mr Brightside before the game too, fancy a bit of dancing and a cheesy singalong :D

Archived