Derby County V Reading

peachmyster

Just now, Topram said:

We've done well at home with nuge vydra why change???

GR explained that pre-match. He said he couldn't really drop Winnall after 3 goals in 2 games as it sort of sends out a message that no matter what you do, you're only going to be a bench player.

The reasoning is understandable but obviously it hasn't worked today for whatever reason so far.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

GR explained that pre-match. He said he couldn't really drop Winnall after 3 goals in 2 games as it sort of sends out a message that no matter what you do, you're only going to be a bench player.

The reasoning is understandable but obviously it hasn't worked today for whatever reason so far.

What is winnall supposed to have done today with the service he has received?? hes the only one putting a bit of effort in closing everyone down. Swear half of you lot watch a different game to me. Deliveries into the box have been garbage. We need a number 10 creating something. 

Not sure Lawrence deserves as much criticism as he’s getting. He’s contributed way more than Winnall and Russell so far who have both been largely ineffective. You can see he’s frustrated, but he’s been the only bright spark we’ve had going forward. He’s even been good trying to get the ball back when we inevitably give it away.

Feels a bit lazy to criticise him purely based on fan expectation. Shouldn’t hold him to a higher standard than the rest of the players on the field.

2 minutes ago, tombomb said:

What is winnall supposed to have done today with the service he has received?? hes the only one putting a bit of effort in closing everyone down. Swear half of you lot watch a different game to me. Deliveries into the box have been garbage. We need a number 10 creating something. 

Where did I slate Winnall? Calm yourself down.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Put Chris Martin on at half time. We'll have way more possession, and he has been playing well. Martin for Nuge, for me.

I'd put thorne on too for winnal then push Johnson forward.

Archived