Don't Rock The Gary Rowett Boat Baby

Inverurie Ram

Yes Gary Rowett is our Manager and is more than up for the job, we are sailing, rowing, rocking and enjoying the ride and if some of us want to jump off into the cold water or constantly look to rock the boat then you just ain't going to help our happy voyage to the Premiership........so there!

Our love is like a ship on the ocean
We've been sailing with a cargo full of love and devotion
So I'd like to know where, you got the notion
Said I'd like to know where, you got the notion

, don't rock the Gary Rowett boat baby
(Rock the boat), don't tip the boat over
(Rock the boat), don't rock the Gary Rowett boat baby
(Rock the boat)

Get behind the mighty Derby County......and stop wasting your time looking for ways to rock the boat baby!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Grantona said:

On Burnley's shortlist IF Everton take Dyche.;) Put a few bob on it if bookies will take the bet.

If you like to give away money, I'm happy to send you my bank account details to deposit some in

4 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Why? There's not a chance in hell that Gaz would quit Derby for Burnley.

Not so sure about that myself, but l think anyone taking over from Dyche would think long and hard before accepting that role. Dyche has created something quite special, and him leaving l think would likely create a different dynamic. I can only see one way for Burnley post-Dyche.

p.s. We should stop feeding Grantona too.  I question the motives of anyone who perennially lurks on a website looking to secure bites.

8 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Yes Gary Rowett is our Manager and is more than up for the job, we are sailing, rowing, rocking and enjoying the ride and if some of us want to jump off into the cold water or constantly look to rock the boat then you just ain't going to help our happy voyage to the Premiership........so there!

Our love is like a ship on the ocean
We've been sailing with a cargo full of love and devotion
So I'd like to know where, you got the notion
Said I'd like to know where, you got the notion

, don't rock the Gary Rowett boat baby
(Rock the boat), don't tip the boat over
(Rock the boat), don't rock the Gary Rowett boat baby
(Rock the boat)

Get behind the mighty Derby County......and stop wasting your time looking for ways to rock the boat baby!

This post makes me want to throw up - 

43 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Not so sure about that myself, but l think anyone taking over from Dyche would think long and hard before accepting that role. Dyche has created something quite special, and him leaving l think would likely create a different dynamic. I can only see one way for Burnley post-Dyche.

Sounds familiar.....

Feelings aside, how many managers have walked away from a club in their first full season whilst at the right end of the table?

Without stirring the McClaren pot, turned Newcastle down when they first came calling. Clearly was interested in the job.

I’m sure Rowett has ambitions of managing in the Premier League, I would be worried if he hasn’t, the timing just isn’t right. 

No disrespect to Burnley but if it was a Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd that came calling, that might be a different story. 

11 minutes ago, David said:

Feelings aside, how many managers have walked away from a club in their first full season whilst at the right end of the table?

Without stirring the McClaren pot, turned Newcastle down when they first came calling. Clearly was interested in the job.

I’m sure Rowett has ambitions of managing in the Premier League, I would be worried if he hasn’t, the timing just isn’t right. 

No disrespect to Burnley but if it was a Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd that came calling, that might be a different story. 

Thank you David, some sense at last.

1 hour ago, David said:

How many have been actually offered an opportunity to move on in the first place though? JFH moved on, monk completed only one season before jumping, and Rowett also went whilst Burton was in a good position, to a club that was in financial disarray and near the bottom of the league.

Putting aside why Burnley would come calling, but they are bigger than us and I’d be surprised if he didn’t give it consideration if offered it, his chances to manage in the PL are very very limited.

7 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

How many have been actually offered an opportunity to move on in the first place though? JFH moved on, monk completed only one season before jumping, and Rowett also went whilst Burton was in a good position, to a club that was in financial disarray and near the bottom of the league.

Putting aside why Burnley would come calling, but they are bigger than us and I’d be surprised if he didn’t give it consideration if offered it, his chances to manage in the PL are very very limited.

Rowett had lost in the play-offs twice with Burton by that point and turned down Blackpool before taking the Brum job

4 minutes ago, cannable said:

Rowett had lost in the play-offs twice with Burton by that point and turned down Blackpool before taking the Brum job

So he wasn’t prepared to see the job through? Or he wasn’t confident that he had the ability to get them promoted and this was an easier way to manage in the league above? Something else?

15 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

How many have been actually offered an opportunity to move on in the first place though?

Not many as not many would move, sure you might find one or two but generally it doesn’t happen.

This time next year, Burnley come calling and we’re still in the Championship, maybe he probably would be interested.

Archived