Don't Rock The Gary Rowett Boat Baby

Inverurie Ram

8 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

So he wasn’t prepared to see the job through? Or he wasn’t confident that he had the ability to get them promoted and this was an easier way to manage in the league above? Something else?

He went from League 2 to the Championship, to a club that he had a strong connection with through his playing days. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

So he wasn’t prepared to see the job through? Or he wasn’t confident that he had the ability to get them promoted and this was an easier way to manage in the league above? Something else?

Unreal. 

Rowett set up the foundations at Burton. 

If I was him and offered Burnley I’d go to get away from fans like you. 

1 hour ago, rynny said:

He went from League 2 to the Championship, to a club that he had a strong connection with through his playing days. 

I didn’t say there was anything wrong with it, he also had strong connections to Burton through his playing days - the point is that he saw it as a step up, why wouldn’t you take the same decision to join a team that’s 8th in the PL compared to 8th in the championship ? 

1 hour ago, David said:

Not many as not many would move, sure you might find one or two but generally it doesn’t happen.

This time next year, Burnley come calling and we’re still in the Championship, maybe he probably would be interested.

As per reply to Rynny, 8th in the championship compared to 8th in the PL, for an opportunity that may never come again on his career, I’d say he would go, as would do most.  I’d be surprised if the managers position for an top 10 PL team has gone to anyone in the championship in recent times, these jobs don’t come along that often, espically if your English. I’ll probably be proved wrong on that :-) 

7 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Not sure your point, but I’ll put it down to your age :-)

Nothing to do with age and it’s clear you don’t rate Rowett and would have no concern if he left Derby. 

This is not the first dig you have had towards the guy is it. 

Who would you like then as manager at Derby 

Think we’ve got a Burnley fan fishing here, can’t see any way that Burnley would come calling for rowett. What’s he doing with us that’s so special that a prem team would be remotely interested?! Don’t get me wrong he’s doing alright, but nothing that would have glances from other teams in his direction imo

21 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I didn’t say there was anything wrong with it, he also had strong connections to Burton through his playing days - the point is that he saw it as a step up, why wouldn’t you take the same decision to join a team that’s 8th in the PL compared to 8th in the championship ? 

The original point was about timing, not moving up.

26 minutes ago, curtains said:

Nothing to do with age and it’s clear you don’t rate Rowett and would have no concern if he left Derby. 

This is not the first dig you have had towards the guy is it. 

Who would you like then as manager at Derby 

Where did I have a dig?

And no I don’t rate him, I didn’t when he first joined and I still don’t, I don’t believe he will succeed at the club, however I’d be happy to be proved wrong - I don’t see the issue ??

7 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Why? There's not a chance in hell that Gaz would quit Derby for Burnley.

Don't be daft, its football were on about.Players /managers will feed at any trough they can get their noses into.look at hughes ,no big club wanted him so he went to the 5hit hole that is Watford.Bank balance is all that matters.It's human nature.

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

You asked why he left Burton for Birmingham and I gave you a reason why. He turned down Blackpool a month before joining Birmimgham, who were also in the Championship. 

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

Don’t see the difference - why would a manager say I’m not going to join you now however I will in a year.

Clough turned down Forest because he wanted to keep Burton up, no doubt he would have joined them this summer just gone had they not appointed Warburton.

30 minutes ago, rynny said:

You asked why he left Burton for Birmingham and I gave you a reason why. He turned down Blackpool a month before joining Birmimgham, who were also in the Championship. 

So he is an ambitious manager who would jump ship given the right opportunity.  As I said nothing wrong with that.

Archived