Don't Rock The Gary Rowett Boat Baby

Inverurie Ram

3 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

What a stormy night to come?.....once you've got the round in Steve How Hard? You best pop across the road to the off licence and get the carry out in for us all so we can enjoy the night train, wherever it Leeds us!

Me??? Get a round in?? I'm tighter than a ducks chuff. You'd need a spanner to get 50p out of my hand. :D

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/27/2017 at 11:24, Grantona said:

Not really on a wind-up. There is a big chance Dyche will be off somewhere fairly soon and I am fairly certain Burnley will want an English (British) replacement who is youngish, can organise a defence and operate on a lowish budget compared to divisional rivals.

Rowett proved he could do all this in his time at Birmingham and would be the type of manager the Burnley board would want to replace Dyche. People like Graeme Alexander, now at Scunthorpe, or Paul Cook (Wigan) would be considered. Both ex-Burnley players.

Rowett will not go to Burnley...what would he expect to achieve there ?? you are punching well above your weight and will not end in the top 8...Dyche or no Dyche....Rowett has so much more that he can feasibly achieve here with us and he's local and played for us which does mean something i'm sure...i agree with a previous post it would take a big club like an Everton or Newcastle or someone of that stature then maybe he'd consider it......Burnley ???  :lol::lol::lol::lol:...gone as far as you're going to go :thumbsup:

On 27/10/2017 at 11:24, Grantona said:

Not really on a wind-up. There is a big chance Dyche will be off somewhere fairly soon and I am fairly certain Burnley will want an English (British) replacement who is youngish, can organise a defence and operate on a lowish budget compared to divisional rivals.

Rowett proved he could do all this in his time at Birmingham and would be the type of manager the Burnley board would want to replace Dyche. People like Graeme Alexander, now at Scunthorpe, or Paul Cook (Wigan) would be considered. Both ex-Burnley players.

Do see where you're coming from but in this case you're not to know but you're barking up the wrong tree. Rowett had coveted the Derby job for several years, and during all those years he's lived very close to our (fabulous) training ground.

He played for us in a great side in the top flight and we gave him his break in coaching and having worked so hard to get the job he's always wanted, he won't leave for Burnley after less than a year. He backs himself and will also believe there's more long term potential at Derby than at Burnley and will think he's capable of realizing it. 

Following Dyche at Burnley is a poison chalice. How can you possibly win? Dyche has Burnley punching so far above their weight it's unreal. Could be a career killer in a Moyes to Man U type way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 31/12/2017 at 02:03, Carl Sagan said:

No thoughts of rocking the Gary Rowett boat. Climbed aboard and enjoying sailing with the guy. We are Derby:

Every time I hear that it brings back memories of the Popside 9th of May 1986. That song as the team passed in front of us, scarves above our heads, heading a year later to the promised land. Repeat this year come May please 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived