Life Ruined

DarkFruitsRam7

Having now realised who the OP was, and their famed matchday HT cubicle-related habits, it seems that the reputed connection between self-pleasuring and poor eyesight is indeed true, and not the old wives tale I always assumed it to be!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/10/2017 at 19:30, David said:

Sorry @Joel but thinking the circular horn was the eye is....erm....just daft. What did you think this was ?

C9FC3FB0-993B-4F8F-916C-6CCFD80E80A1.jpeg

I feel like I'm 16 again looking at those 3D pictures where you have to defocus to get the point. But, for me, I think I have also just flipped out. The bit circled in red I don't recall seeing before (though admit Ron Webster's shirt bears testimony to it) and having checked it is on the side of the ground so I guess that makes it legit.

My issue is that the introduction of the eye changes the perspective of the head. I had always been of the view that The Ram was standing with it's head at 45 degrees so that one eye was under the horn and the other was out of view. Green line shows where Ram is looking.

If what you are saying here is true and The Ram is in perfect relief (a bit like the Denver Broncos horse) then the horns are out of perspective and you shouldn't be able to see the second horn.

All I will say is that I shouldn't have to face such iconoclastic schisms so late in my days.

Ram 1.PNG

Ram 2.PNG

18 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I feel like I'm 16 again looking at those 3D pictures where you have to defocus to get the point. But, for me, I think I have also just flipped out. The bit circled in red I don't recall seeing before (though admit Ron Webster's shirt bears testimony to it) and having checked it is on the side of the ground so I guess that makes it legit.

My issue is that the introduction of the eye changes the perspective of the head. I had always been of the view that The Ram was standing with it's head at 45 degrees so that one eye was under the horn and the other was out of view. Green line shows where Ram is looking.

If what you are saying here is true and The Ram is in perfect relief (a bit like the Denver Broncos horse) then the horns are out of perspective and you shouldn't be able to see the second horn.

All I will say is that I shouldn't have to face such iconoclastic schisms so late in my days.

Ram 1.PNG

Ram 2.PNG

What a load of baalocks.

I love it. After all the silly things we spoke about on the Frank Lampard thread, it would appear that the saga coming to a close has left a void of ridiculousness that can only be filled by this horn/eye thread resurfacing.

I'll never, ever in all my life understand how anyone mistook the horn for an eye!

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

Ram 1.PNG

Ram 2.PNG

You need to buy this book so does anybody else who is having the same issue, you are the only ones who can do it, you just have to help yourselves!  it’s just plain ridiculous!

there is a section on the changing ram from 1971, it was born with an eye but in their wisdom in the 80s some of the manufacturers messed around with it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Colours-Rams-colours-County-Football/dp/1727616618/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3RHGUFW3ZI105&keywords=Derby+county&qid=1561563973&s=gateway&sprefix=Derby%2Caps%2C148&sr=8-1

Seriously now... let's wipe this thread out of existence!  It's an absolute embarrassment!

How many of us have taken the odd sneaky peek at LTLF, and seen such gems as "Oh, I thought it was broccoli", "Actually, I do have 6 toes, and I'd thank you not to ridicule the fact", or even the less embarrassing "What me and my sister get up to after a couple of lagers and a nice romantic Sharing Kebab is none of your business"!
None of us have... because even they aren't stupid enough to admit it on a world-wide public stage, despite us all knowing it exists!

Have you any idea of the fall out, once any gumps get to see this?

Wipe it out, I say... Absolute embarrassment, says I.

On 22/10/2017 at 18:40, Pearl Ram said:

It’s got his head in the attacking position, the “I’m gonna ‘ave you” stance, best crest/emblem in the league in my opinion.

I know we're biased, but I think I agree. It's really stylish. 

I think the best ones are the ones which are slick, simple designs which stand on their own.

Other examples of this are Forest's (sorry, but it's true), the old Sheff Wed one, Charlton's badge and Chesterfield.

1 hour ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I know we're biased, but I think I agree. It's really stylish. 

I think the best ones are the ones which are slick, simple designs which stand on their own.

Other examples of this are Forest's (sorry, but it's true), the old Sheff Wed one, Charlton's badge and Chesterfield.

Forest's was designed by the same graphics company as ours and I will say that both of them are great. A good emblem should be able to be drawn by a child but still have the style to only look good when professionally done.

I used to like the Bolton one, Birmingham and Oxford.

The worst is the Burton one, that one does look like it was drawn by a child, just one who had stood downwind of the local brewery for a little too long.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived