Life Ruined

DarkFruitsRam7

2 hours ago, maza233 said:

So I started following derby back in 97/98 - first game being the 4-0 drumming of Southampton.

anyway, more to the point I'm certain that little eye thing wasn't on the club badge back then. Hence why I also thought the horn was a huge abstract eye. The changing club badge might be a reason so many of us are blown away by the (better looking) little eye that gives the ram a 'I'm going to nut you' look...

Hi Maza, the badge has always been designed to have the aggressive Ram stance. Can you join the queue for therapy! :lol:

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The amount of people who thought that was an eye is genuinely astounding.

I assume none of those people have actually seen a ram, perhaps believing we invented them?

EDIT: due to curiosity I have discovered that the emblem on Derby's wikipedia page does not have the eye on it - this needs to be corrected by someone with more time to do such things than I

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
36 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Great to see this thread back up and running, still makes me laugh out loud at just how ridiculous it is !

I nominated it for "Thread of the Year" over in "The Pub". Just incredible and hilarious to read what some fans were thinking. We're told (I think) that @BurtonRam7is off the forum because he's revising for exams, but surely it's really down to the shame?

• 1 year later...

Oh my Lord!

I've seen the odd "in-joke" reference to eyes on here, but now I know what it was all about, my flabber is absolutely gasted!

How the actual tuck could anyone think the horn was an eye?  That is just weird!

I too was drawing this daily throughout the '70's, all off by heart, not copying (I couldn't do it now, without tracing paper!  LOL!) and always got it bang on, including the actual eye, and even the hint of a smile, and at no stage never ever did I consider the horn to be an eye! 
It was always rampant, it was always in attack mode, and it always had it's eye on the ball!

Anything else is simply incomprehensible!  

Freaks!

Archived