Life Ruined

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, David said:

Ok, how about Chelsea? How many lions do you see standing up holding a lollipop and claws coming out the arch of it’s foot, still has an eye though. I could do this all day long where you could say crap crap crap, but all these designers are putting eyes in for a reason. 

7A60BC91-BC63-4830-A628-E99469FE5BA4.png

What about the Newcastle and Coventry badge? Do the animals have eyes on them? 

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

Rams dont have many sharp angles or paper thin legs either. Its a stylised design. You wouldnt add details like fur texture or nostrils and it shouldnt have the eye either.

I dunno, I think it looks pretty good with fur texture and nostrils 

036399B3-0F62-4251-B8DD-FCEB1A31B58D.jpeg

Just now, rynny said:

Is there any badge with animals that have no eyes? 

Yes of course, but I bet (as this is a guess) you will find more have eyes than those that don’t. And let’s be fair a robins eye is tiny.

611CA93B-6C65-4694-AD35-7DDEFB105785.jpeg

1 hour ago, David said:

Ok, how about Chelsea? How many lions do you see standing up holding a lollipop and claws coming out the arch of it’s foot, still has an eye though. I could do this all day long where you could say crap crap crap, but all these designers are putting eyes in for a reason. 

And I could keep repeating that ours is more stylised than any of the others you keep posting - ours is elegant sweeps of the brush with the eye added as an after thought. The eye isn't necessary. It doesn't really matter though since you can't see it unless the badge is right in your face.

We will have to agree to disagree though. I don't like the zebra kit either, but it is loved by the majority of the fans.

7 minutes ago, GenBr said:

And I could keep repeating that ours is more stylised than any of the others you keep posting - ours is elegant sweeps of the brush with the eye added as an after thought. The eye isn't necessary. It doesn't really matter though since you can't see it unless the badge is right in your face.

We will have to agree to disagree though. I don't like the zebra kit either, but it is loved by the majority of the fans.

Come on, you’re not telling me the Chelsea lion is realistic? It’s just as stylised as the Ram is. You’re having a mare here ?

And to not like the home kit, well that’s just blasphemy!

2 minutes ago, David said:

Come on, you’re not telling me the Chelsea lion is realistic? It’s just as stylised as the Ram is. You’re having a mare here ?

And to not like the home kit, well that’s just blasphemy!

I'm telling you exactly that. It's stylised in that its holding a lollipop - its basically just another cartoon. I don't agree that ours is anything like the Chelsea badge. Theirs is based on heraldry - ours is an original design. It isn't supposed to be a realistic picture of a ram, it isn't a cartoon and it isn't just copied straight from something that is hundreds of years old.

Most of the big clubs are cleaning their logos and removing unnecessary details these days to make them more appealing to a wider audience, but we don't have to (other than the eye), because we designed something great decades ago.

The pointier, stylised suggestion of an eye is my prefered choice. I find that the line weight better matches the rest of the ram and is more stylistically consistent. The current eye is just far too cartoony for my taste. You'll see that this version has been used previously only I've just blacked out the white of the eye in this example below.

spacer.png

12 hours ago, richinspain said:

Quick look on @loweman2's shirt thread and found this. I don't know when exactly we first used the badge bot in 1976 the eye was definitely there.

77B51F16-4376-4D2D-B0FA-BE858D514203.jpeg

Bloody to right ! The eye was there when it was first designed in 1971 and on the shirts that we wore when we ruled English football ! Stop trying to change everything you pesky young kids ! Here is the proof !

A49F3BBF-8657-4F6B-AAF8-299774D97965.jpeg

Archived