Life Ruined

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, archram said:

I’ve tried really hard to see that horn as an eye - I studied all those posted by loweman, and still can’t it.  I was going to try looking at it crosseyed but I’m  scared the wind might change!

I'm the same - I saw the poll on Twitter yesterday and I'm baffled. I'm looking at it like a magic eye picture, waiting for the big horn to turn into an eye, but nothing is happening. Is it just the case that if you know what it's meant to look like, you can't unsee it as anything else?

I'm gobsmacked! How anyone can not see the actual eye is beyond me and to think the curly horn is a giant eye is even more flabbergasting!

I've had a go at explaining it in the attached image... I drew it on MS Paint so don't judge me, I'm normally very good at drawing our Ram!

FYI, the "S" on the Ram head is not a curly bit of fringe either, it's the other horn poking out from the other side of his head!

ram_head.png

15 hours ago, Joel said:

Whacked a poll on the Twitter feed, by far not the only one that thought this.

Although, judging by the replies I've received it does seem like the older folk see it as intended.

For what it's worth, pretty much a 70/30 split in seeing the badge as it should be.

2 hours ago, Sweetness34 said:

I'm gobsmacked! How anyone can not see the actual eye is beyond me and to think the curly horn is a giant eye is even more flabbergasting!

I've had a go at explaining it in the attached image... I drew it on MS Paint so don't judge me, I'm normally very good at drawing our Ram!

FYI, the "S" on the Ram head is not a curly bit of fringe either, it's the other horn poking out from the other side of his head!

ram_head.png

Why would a picture of a worm be relevent? 

I usually forget that it's actually a ram I'm looking at with the badge. It just looks like our badge.

It helps that as a kid I didn't know it was a ram, it just looked like some weird island thingy, perhaps a badly drawn depiction of America, with a swirly northwestern coast and an island off the coast of 'Florida'.

16 hours ago, Doodle said:

Best thread in ages. What I can’t quite understand is not only why people thought a ram has an eye the size of a melon, but just as confusing is why people thought said melon would be located behind its ear. Melon sized or not it still wouldn’t see what’s in front of it

I wonder if the confusion of these poor deluded fools arises from a line in the folk song 'The Derby Ram'?

Some time after the mythical beast is slaughtered, somewhere around verse 46...

"And all the boys in Derby, came begging for his eyes,

To kick 'em up and down the street, 'cos they were football size."

On 23/10/2017 at 07:38, loweman2 said:

It’s no wonder we can’t agree on the important stuff on other posts if there are those who are amongst us who harbour these insane thoughts !

look, just look there is no way that can be mistaken for an eye !

44BD18AD-6E81-4B85-9083-44B0FF90DDDF.jpeg

On the badge top row with derby in yellow underneath. The eye is not drawn as it is in the newer badges. 

Archived