Derby County V Notts Forest

peachmyster

7 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I'm Mr Pessimistic :( I should be sat here thinking stuff like, Rowett knows how important these games are so he'll get the players up for it and they'll have something to prove after the fairly poor start to the season, but instead my mind is telling me negative thoughts. Like, if we don't make a fast start I can see the fans becoming quite frustrated and restless which won't help things, but then if we do make a fast start and get an early goal we'll probably go very defensive like we have for most of the season, which never ends well. 

Yeh but don't commit it to writing/typing/ink/screen (whatever the permanent status of forum posts is)

I'm keeping a firm reign on my negativity until Sunday evening

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Literally walked into kenny burns today at markeaton island petrol station. Wanted to say something but as a keyboard warrior saying something in person is my biggest fear of all. Mind you, I had to walk into him as there was no way round him. Take that kenny. 

59 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Literally walked into kenny burns today at markeaton island petrol station. Wanted to say something but as a keyboard warrior saying something in person is my biggest fear of all. Mind you, I had to walk into him as there was no way round him. Take that kenny. 

How many chocolate bars was he buying? 

On 11/10/2017 at 13:11, Big Bad Bob said:

Sorry to do this, but I am going with my girlfriend. Every game she has been to with me, we have either lost or drawn :mellow:

I took my girlfriend to Derby v Leicester must have been about 15 yrs ago can't remember when,  they stuffed us 5-0. 

She never came to another game.

Boring, sensible message alert!!!!!!

Drove past the Fireplace car park tonight and there's a load of fences up with a fair bit of groundwork going on. Doubt it will be somewhere to park on Sunday. 

Also 40mph roadworks along the stretch on the A52 going into Pride Park. 

After 2 weeks together on the training field, I'm hoping this game will show us a team knowing how to play 'their own way', whether that's the 'Derby Way' or not is a different matter. 

In some ways this game may tell us nothing as derby games can often be fraught, backs against the walls affairs. 

I obviously want us to win, but to me just a sense of a team going forward, a manger knowing his best team, the players knowing their jobs and that instilling confidence in all involved is most important to me personally.

Drubbing them 3-0 could be a false dawn

The reverse could be just a bad in the office - so the score line hopefully won't tell us anything. 

But HOW we play is everything.

13 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I haven't been to a big match since the Hull playoffs and I had right trouble parking. Does anyone think there will be spaces at fireplace carpark just off A52 at about 1230? Any good alternatives?

See my post above, there's a lot of fences up at the moment, I doubt it will be open tomorrow. I'm going past it later and will see if it looks like being ready. 

14 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Drove past the Fireplace car park tonight and there's a load of fences up with a fair bit of groundwork going on. Doubt it will be somewhere to park on Sunday. 

31 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I haven't been to a big match since the Hull playoffs and I had right trouble parking. Does anyone think there will be spaces at fireplace carpark just off A52 at about 1230? Any good alternatives?

The construction works in that area are for the new Wyvern slip road and A52 improvements - they won't be finished until Feb next year, so don't think anyone will be able to park there for matches. They have already finished a new access road that goes straight through the Toys R Us car park though, so it makes access to the rest of the Wyvern easier.

I think people may use the Premier Inn nearby for parking as well, but not certain.

15 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Bloody hell....that's a shame,gets me straight on to the a52 and home!

Archived