Derby County V Notts Forest

peachmyster

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Was out last night and ended up in conversation with Jamie Hanson. I told him that if he plays (unlikely), he should make sure he crunches Ben Osborn like last time.

Not sure that's the spirit the game should be played in but it helps if you take out their better players.

43 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Forest are apparently quite good going forward, but terrible defending. We are hit and miss attacking, but seem to be excellent at defending. I think we will just cancel each other out and end up with a 0-0.

He dropped Vydra last game, so don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility. Would personally love to have at least Martin, Lawrence and Vydra together though.

yikes.gif He can’t drop Vydra, I’ve gone for him as FRGS in the prediction league. 

But back to the game, I really look forward to it until the morning of the match then for some reason my stomach is in knots, not Notts, knots, ;) and by kick off I’m a bag of nerves. 

Like your idea of Martin Vydra and Lawrence, get them to run them ragged for an hour/70 minutes and bring Winnall and Nuge on to kill ‘em off. Jobs a good ‘un.

20 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Hey guys lets have black and white army in full voice lets make derby shake with noise we making buy sending derby to victory. But most important closing that gap to top 6 even through with a win can go 10th in the league lets show new lads how we can get really behind them how much beating red scum means to us.

Amen B4!

Better that than having our midfield shaking with age :lol:

Not getting excited about this yet and doubt I will. Coupled with a stupid kick off time, it'll be a rubbish atmosphere and a shocking game of football.

The majority of these games are not that pretty at all. Now add Rowetts (lack of) tactical ability/the equation and it'll be awful.

Will be like any other game for me. Turn up, watch match, go home, watch some better quality football on sky.

Still not been motivated to go near an away match yet - I can't be the only one?

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

When will he be fit? Did you ask? 

Better than asking "what are you looking at?"

Cringe 

and to Kevin Hector of all people. Omg . :blink:

8 hours ago, EHR said:

yikes.gif He can’t drop Vydra, I’ve gone for him as FRGS in the prediction league. 

But back to the game, I really look forward to it until the morning of the match then for some reason my stomach is in knots, not Notts, knots, ;) and by kick off I’m a bag of nerves. 

Like your idea of Martin Vydra and Lawrence, get them to run them ragged for an hour/70 minutes and bring Winnall and Nuge on to kill ‘em off. Jobs a good ‘un.

Vydra always scores against the gumps and they know it. He has to play. So many of us have said we want to see Martin and Vydra together, but Rowett hasn't given that partnership any opportunity. I love your plan and am crossing my fingers that we'll see it, but I'm not confident. And I hate the stupid kickoff time that nullifies the atmosphere of this match at Pride Park every single year, when the gumps can benefit from the advantage of a later start time.

I'm expecting a damp squib, but hoping for some Derby magic!

Archived