Derby County V Notts Forest

peachmyster

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better second half for me, I don’t quite understand anybody being satisfied with that first half showing but hey, we’re all different aren’t we. 

Mind the gap and all that and challenge my opinion if it makes you happy, I care not and I’m off to cut the north lawns. Mwah. 

Just now, cosmic said:

Much better second half. More in control. Positive. Starting creating. Russell was a man possessed. Vydra continues to shine. I still miss Chris Martin. 

Happy with that. 

Martin was excellent today. Beautiful flicks and hold up. And not a single error. Russell GT and him took the pizz at the end 

A much, much better second half and in the end it was a relatively straight-forward win where we were much more clinical, and that was the difference. I was anxious at half time as I thought it would only result in one thing if we continued to sit so deep. But we played a more controlled game and didn't really need to move out of second gear after the second goal. Georgey even got a nice run out in a slightly unfamiliar role, so having the opportunity to do that is brilliant for GR and the team.

If we win our game in hand (at home), we will be 7th or 8th and one point off the top six. The league is still so tight and if we show more consistency we can at least have a good go at the top six this year. It makes the calls for Rowett to go from a small minority look even sillier now.

Archived