Derby County v Hull City

Leicester Ram

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ruda Harliss said:

why are so many of us unhappy after this?

I think that the negativity has been exaggerated.

25,000 were pretty happy. 

A couple of posters who weren't there were slightly less enthusiastic, but in fairness they were merely trying to point out that Hull had quite a few chances.

Thats it.

so many ? Unhappy??

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

I think that the negativity has been exaggerated.

25,000 were pretty happy. 

A couple of posters who weren't there were slightly less enthusiastic, but in fairness they were merely trying to point out that Hull had quite a few chances.

Thats it.

so many ? Unhappy??

Yeah you're right. Apart from the two behind me who are never happy, Its easy to forget the sound of 25,000 fans seeing a 5th goal go in on a Friday night.

After a couple of days reading some posts on here the negativity makes you forget that.

It's an interesting debate as we can always do better. Over on the prediction thread I have scored the match 10/10.

Not because we were anywhere near perfect but because of the quality of my experience as a supporter.

What is the most I could reasonably expect from a  performance from my team? Passion, commitment, good exciting football, a few scary moments survived, 5 goals for and a clean sheet - ticks all the boxes for me. :)

it would seem there are dozens of posts moaning about negative posts. Yet these 'negative' posts are hard to find. Bris appears to have a rattled a few cages but that is one poster. One post. Even in that case we all know Bris is a journalist as well as a fan and will be look for an angle to talk about. If you disagree you disagree but when did offering an alternative view become a crime. It's not like he is infesting very thread with the same point on every thread.

Beyond his post I haven't seen anything beyond pointing out the following

a) 5-0 flattered us

b) we had elements of luck and Hull culpability for all our goals

c) a better team would have made more of the opportunities Hull had

During the game and immediately afterwards is obviously about enjoying the moment, however if people are to be pilloried for offering an opinion or analysis of our performance that they explain in rational terms than goes beyond 'yay Derby' is there much point in having a forum?

I always watch the players doing shooting practice before the match and usually it is woeful, balls flying everywhere but the goal. Friday was different, the shooting was brilliant from the majority of the players. I said to the Mrs' dad that I reckon we could score a few tonight based on that. 

I wonder what was different? 

12 hours ago, ramblur said:

You've definitely got a thing about Georgie Boy,angie. Makes me feel better about that Rams TV presenter now:p After what I said,I can't possibly go into what I meant now.

Yes, Colin Gibson is rather dashing isn't he... :wub:

There are something's you don't appreciate whan you are at the game compared to watching it on t.v and vice versa and at the time I just appreciated Bradley's goal as a good finish it's not untill I've watched it back that I appreciate the pressing in the top corner of the pitch from Weimann and I think Nugent that forced Hull into a mistake to win the ball back. I'll happily except the odd mistake if we work and press like that.

10 hours ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Just watched the game again on the football league show, the neutral pundit Mickey Gray who was there discribed us as 'outstanding '

The word dominant was used twice by the commentator

Some" fans" want rowett to fail because he has dared to sell,ince and hughes ,dared to send Bryson out on loan ,demote other clough signings to the bench.

Give the bloke a chance .

PS if Friday night was hoofball bring it on.

I don't think anyone wants him to fail. we all want Derby to succeed.

this over reaction to imaginary criticism is the same as the recent over reaction to imaginary nutters on Radio Derby Sportscene 

Tweet after tweet read out saying "i can't believe fans want rowett sacked" when not one single person had suggested that.

8 minutes ago, RamNut said:

this over reaction to imaginary criticism is the same as the recent over reaction to imaginary nutters on Radio Derby Sportscene 

Tweet after tweet read out saying "i can't believe fans want rowett sacked" when not one single person had suggested that.

There's a difference between wanting rowett to fail and derby to succeed.

32 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Straight after the Wolves game somebody rang in and said that Rowett needs to be sacked, I had just got back into the car and heard the pillock.

There will always be somebody who doesn't agree with a managerial appointment, no matter who it is. Then when things go wrong, they will feel vindicated and some of them will air their views. 

The time to worry for a manager, is when previous supporters of that person, change their view. 

1 hour ago, sage said:

it would seem there are dozens of posts moaning about negative posts. Yet these 'negative' posts are hard to find. Bris appears to have a rattled a few cages but that is one poster. One post. Even in that case we all know Bris is a journalist as well as a fan and will be look for an angle to talk about. If you disagree you disagree but when did offering an alternative view become a crime. It's not like he is infesting very thread with the same point on every thread.

a) 5-0 flattered us

During the game and immediately afterwards is obviously about enjoying the moment, however if people are to be pilloried for offering an opinion or analysis of our performance that they explain in rational terms than goes beyond 'yay Derby' is there much point in having a forum?

Superb post Sage. Evidence-based and reasoned out. And I totally agree with your conclusion. I really enjoyed Friday night. Both me and young Edward had pretty low expectations before the game but it was immense to feel PP rocking again. As much as we enjoyed it, I did think that Hull  were as much the architects of their own downfall, despite our very enterprising play. And we should allow people to disagree with us...and generate reasoned debate. That's what it's all about. 

Thank you for making this point so well and for "having the balls" to set it down on record. 

2 hours ago, sage said:

a) 5-0 flattered us

I understand what you are saying and on the whole agree with you.

But when you come on here after just winning 5-0 and within half an hour of the final whistle there is someone telling you Hull were the better team and they could have avoided 4 of our goals, well things like that are going to rattle cages. You could watch every game ever and say goals are avoidable, it just makes no sense. 

Rather than blaming the Hull defender how about saying a good free kick from Vydra, a great move for the second goal, a brilliant corner and cross from Lawrence, and excellent pressing and finishing for the 5th goal. 

Sometimes good play actually forces players into mistakes.

Like I say, no problem with sitting back and analysing after the euphoria has died down but a lot of the time it feels some posters put things up purposely to draw reactions.

Just my take on things.

12 hours ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Just watched the game again on the football league show, the neutral pundit Mickey Gray who was there discribed us as 'outstanding '

The word dominant was used twice by the commentator

Derby way?!?

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Have a read of the 'Is Rowett Up To The Job' thread. 

Do you think people who think he is not up to the job are happy for him to remain as our manager?

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I understand what you are saying and on the whole agree with you.

But when you come on here after just winning 5-0 and within half an hour of the final whistle there is someone telling you Hull were the better team and they could have avoided 4 of our goals, well things like that are going to rattle cages. You could watch every game ever and say goals are avoidable, it just makes no sense. 

Rather than blaming the Hull defender how about saying a good free kick from Vydra, a great move for the second goal, a brilliant corner and cross from Lawrence, and excellent pressing and finishing for the 5th goal. 

Sometimes good play actually forces players into mistakes.

Like I say, no problem with sitting back and analysing after the euphoria has died down but a lot of the time it feels some posters put things up purposely to draw reactions.

Just my take on things.

He did say Hull were the better team 'between the 2 boxes' which isn't the same as saying they were the better team. Whilst I don't agree with that but there is an argument for it, and the difference in finishing/defending was stark, certainly exaggerating the score if not the result.

I don't mind a post that provokes a debate, as long as it is rational and not repeated ad nauseam. I welcome it even if I disagree with it. 

Archived