Derby County v Hull City

Leicester Ram

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

As long as you have enough of the ball and use it well.

Possession as the be all end all was a fad which seems to be ending, giggen?pressing and three at the back seem to be current fads, they to will pass in time and be replaced by a new thing that someone has success with and then lots of copies crop up.

I do like the sound of giggling-pressing :lol:

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christ on a bike we've got some professionally miserable buggers on here! We win 5-0 against a side dropping down from the prem and yet we still need the whole sackcloth and ashes routine from a section of the fans. There will always be ups and downs so why can't we just enjoy the ups when they come along. The hand wringers amongst us will have ample opportunities for the whole woe is me routine in due course, I'm sure. As for it not being a 5-0 game, the final score suggests otherwise, or should we demand a recount? Risible.

8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Is it just me that doesn't care about conceding goals? 

Honestly doesn't bother me if we look like conceding 10 every game so long as we look like scoring 15. 

Thought it was a good game. From both teams tbh. 

Rather 10-9 than 1-0.

I don't know how old you are @Alpha, but for us 50+ it is always easier on the ticker to be thinking that we don't look like we're ever going to concede, however footballistically (is that a word or have I invented it) I agree that if we out score the opposition I don't care how many we let in.

4 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I don't know how old you are @Alpha, but for us 50+ it is always easier on the ticker to be thinking that we don't look like we're ever going to concede, however footballistically (is that a word or have I invented it) I agree that if we out score the opposition I don't care how many we let in.

I love that though. Feeling like we're in danger of conceding but knowing if we get the ball there's a very real chance we'll score. 

Thought that on Friday. I thought Hull would score but I felt like a knew for a fact we would. Even after number 5 had long hit the net. 

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

I love that though. Feeling like we're in danger of conceding but knowing if we get the ball there's a very real chance we'll score. 

Thought that on Friday. I thought Hull would score but I felt like a knew for a fact we would. Even after number 5 had long hit the net. 

It's funny but on Friday I didn't feel that we would concede at all. First time for awhile I can say that

17 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

No not even on pentley he made himself look big which put hull city player off very clever tactic but moving around on the line.

Not sure a keeper should be able to hop around like that. 

Its bad manners.

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Not at all i use to play as goal keepee or left back.

I think the left back should be able to hop around when a penalty is awarded, but not the keeper.

Its very off putting for the penalty taker. 

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

I think the left back should be able to hop around when a penalty is awarded, but not the keeper.

Its very off putting for the penalty taker. 

Generally the penalty taker is holding most of the cards, I'm happy for Keeper's to do what they can.

I prefer someone doing strange things on the line like Carson has started doing, or Grobbelaar back in the day, rather than Hart's style of getting in their face before the kick and trying to intimidate them, for example.

Archived